Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

My beloved E36 M3 on Throwing Stars for sale!

The time has come to put my beloved M3 up for sale.

I am building a house next year and potentially getting married. So I will really need my finances to be top notch to go forward with the next stage of my life.

Most of you already know the car… It is a special order E36 M3 95 Euro on Genuine M5 Staggered Throwing Stars (Polished Lip). Black metallic colour. The car has full tanned-leather interior from factory (in very good condition) no rips, a little worn on the driver’s side as expected for this age, but has been very very very well looked after by me (I am genuinely crazy about the looks of my car).

It has 140k km on the clock, has been used for daily driving. This car has been treated like a princess; fully services every 5000km (engine oil Castrol 10w60 and oil filter change with Genuine oil filters), all other filters and coolant has been recently changed as well. I have spent more than 20k on this car during six years of ownership.

Stereo:

Pioneer Head-unit with Bluetooth hands-free capability, usb and Iphone compatible, multi coloured display and buttons (to perfectly match the amber BMW lighting)

Brand new Infinity stereo system (front and rear speakers, twitters and a 10” sub in the boot with all the brackets to mount it)

Brand new Genuine BMW mid-range tweeters

Interior:

Brand new Genuine BMW ZHP weighted shift knob

Brand new Genuine BMW Z-roadster short shift kit

New AKG sifter mounts (to create more direct shift and last much longer than standard)

Brand new Genuine BMW light switch

New polished aluminium cluster rings (very hard to get, custom made and imported from Germany)

Brand new Genuine BMW clutch and brake pedals and pedal pads, AKG non-squeak pedal bushings

Brand new Genuine BMW glove box plastic panel to reduce the saaaaggg

Exterior:

Brand new Genuine BMW clear side and front repeaters and clear rear tail lights

Brand new plastic panel that goes below the windscreen (the one that always brakes on the sun)

New Phillips xenon lights on the low beams (4300k, not blue fully legal)

New Umnitza Predator Orion V2 Angel eyes

Brand new Genuine BMW rear and front glass rubbers and seals

Brand new Genuine BMW plastic door handle covers with seals

Engine:

Brand new Mishimoto silicone hoses

Brand new thermostat

New radiator plug

New fun clutch

New Genuine BMW drive belt and AC belt

Genuine Reconditioned BMW Alternator

Brand new Genuine BMW engine mounts

E21 gearbox rubber mounts with AKG aluminium mounting cups

All new Genuine Gearbox and Engine mounts’ bolts and washers

Suspension:

New front lower control arm bushes (I have brand new AKG poly bushes to go in, will come with the car)

Brand new Genuine BMW front lower control arms (terribly expensive)

New adjustable White Line front and rear swaybars with urethane bushes and new sway bar links New AKG rear sub frame, diff mounts and Rear Trailing Arm Bushes

Brand new Lemforder rear strut mounts

AC Schnitzer rear stutbar

Brand new Genuine BMW front X-brace

Brand new FK Silver-X coilovers (Koni struts, stainless steal bodies) these are height and dumper adjustable, developed on the Nuremberg Ring, have lots of very good reviews from US E46 M3 users, so they must be good

Brand new HD Myele rear strut mounts (much stronger than standard)

Brand new Genuine BMW front strut mounts from E36 M3 Evo (installed on the opposite side will give you extra 2 degrees of negative camber)

Brand new Genuine BMW front strut mounts Z-coupe reinforcement plates

Brand new Turner Motorsport rear adjustable lower control arms with rubber bushings

All brand new Genuine BMW nuts and bolts required to install all the components

I think that is pretty much it. I am sure I have forgotten something, but you get the idea. I want $17,500 ONO for the whole lot. I will not separate any of these parts or components. Car is in Christchurch, PM me if you would like to have a look at it.

Have recently bought all of these parts and they are all in my garage waiting to be put on this baby:

All new power steering hoses and bolts.

New GPS tracking device (uses normal prepay cell phone cards)

Brand new AKG poly bushes for front control arms

I still have all genuine parts available and will come with the car for the full price.

post-4193-0-88463300-1444696668.jpg

post-4193-0-52913800-1444696676.jpg

post-4193-0-07357300-1444696691.jpg

post-4193-0-88162400-1444697040.jpg

post-4193-0-52995100-1444697051.jpg

post-4193-0-05110000-1444697058.jpg

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Edited by swordfish
  • Like 8

Wow! So much love! Good luck with sale/ I feels for you having to sell.

very nice car man. If you're willing to part with the wheels i'd be very keen!

That is the saddest thing about the market for these cars these days. I know I will get a lot more money if I'll part the whole thing... But I cannot do it to a car I love some much as a whole. I just hope someone will see how much love has been put in it and buy to enjoy it and make it even better.

Edited by swordfish
  • Like 3

Yeah in my view, the E36 M3 is massively undervalued in the market. It would break my heart if you parted out such a tidy and well taken care of car. Here's hoping you find the right buyer to take car of it and enjoy it! GLWS

• Like 1

Interesting, can you convert low-beams to xenon without a cert? High-beam also? Are yours from Umnitza?

And why new LCA's? Damage to the old ones?

GLWS, lovely example!

In terms of Xenons it depends which ones you buy. If you'll go with the pure white colour 4300k, and install proper retrofits they don't need a cert, at least I never had a problem with them on my warrants. Mine are only on low beams. Umnitza sells Bi-Xenons so you can have both low and high beams in one lamp...

I bought brand new lower control arms, as you can't replace balljoints in M3s, so I bought whole arms, so I would have a reference for the entire suspension (kms wise). I've change all tie rods, all the bushes etc all at the same time.

• Like 1

I have HID on my e36. Aftermarket housings and lenses with the proper cutoffs designed for RHD. a HID kit in the stock housings will not work and have a lot of flare. HIDs should have nice clear cutoff lines - dipping towards the right and up towards the left with little glare in the transition. my headlight housings are marked with RHD extruded into the plastic cover. the front is glass etc.

Only running on lowbeam as HID takes time to power up to working intensity, and therefore if youre driving country roads and often high beam off and on depending on oncoming traffic etc, halogens have an almost instant response .. running HID on high beam is not as useful due to the warm up time. (there might be new tech, but thats what I know from when I got mine).

• Like 2

Just wanted to announce that my beautiful M3 has been SOLD!!! :((( It went to a new home, and I hope it will be loved as much and taken care of as well as it has been with me.

• Like 3