Sign in to follow this  
SIR E30

E30+RX7=....?

I'd have to drive it for that kinda business! Life has been taking over lately but I plan on taking some photos of it one day soon.. as for videos, wait till I have an LSD haha!

Small update.
Have since enjoyed the sh*t out of driving this thing a hell of alot. It sure does turn heads! Some positive, some negative - people roll up their windows when I pull up beside them in town!

Cosmetically all Ive done since cert is have the windows tinted to 35% by Protint in New Plymouth. Craig did an amazingly good job!

Mechanically its had a bit of a tickle up.. Ive fitted an aluminium gilmer drive pulley setup, admittedly theres no need for this but I love the way it looks and sounds! Also, the open diff was not cutting the mustard and the new found power tore the old subframe bushes to pieces. I commissioned a LSD build from a forum member and ordered a Powerflex bush set from Darren at NZAD and then got to work!

The car now drives so much better, particularly at speed and under acceleration. The diff is SUPER tight and will take some getting used to, but at least its predictable.

I had a ball this weekend driving around, even got out at night to light up the country side with some big old flames from the exhaust! Cant wait for another sunny weekend to get out and drive this beast!

Ive added some photos and a very small video that someone got today - not long, but better than nothing! More to come hopefully - https://vimeo.com/166683745

post-1699-0-22692200-1463298512.jpg

post-1699-0-76282600-1463298515.jpg

post-1699-0-81736800-1463298520.jpg

post-1699-0-12759600-1463298526.jpg

post-1699-0-45324300-1463298530.jpg

post-1699-0-94625300-1463298534.jpg

post-1699-0-31459900-1463298539.jpg

post-1699-0-26894600-1463298544.jpg

post-1699-0-97263700-1463298549.jpg

• Like 11

Sounds so awesome!!!! Definitely wouldn't expect it to be a little old e30 haha

• Like 1

dude ... I sometimes see your FB posts and saw this one pop up the other day... youve done everything just right aye.

Must be a hoot to squeeze the loud pedal on a nice clear day on the twisties.

• Like 1

dude ... I sometimes see your FB posts and saw this one pop up the other day... youve done everything just right aye.

Thank you, its very exciting indeed! I get out of it shaking sometimes!

Sorry to hijack, but Hybrid your inbox is full

Nice build man, can I ask what size intercooler you have? Looks like it fits well

I'd have to measure it up, its been a while... It fits really well, 10mm bigger and it wouldnt work.

awesome dude. bring it down for a friday night in the tron. will have heaps of peeps talking.

• Like 2

Couldnt help myself.. Dyno graphs to follow if it all goes well

post-1699-0-22005200-1466323765.jpg

• Like 3

I was up in New Plymouth on Thursday for the Mockers concert and staying at the the Waterfront Hotel. Pretty sure I saw your car making a bit of noise in Egmont st while I was out on the balcony. Cant be too many rotary E30's around NP. Still looking and sounding great.:D

On 29/01/2017 at 6:40 AM, kulgan said:

Cant be too many rotary E30's around NP. Still looking and sounding great.:D

That said, there is three of them here! Mines the only turbo and non-bridgeported one though haha!

Its almost time for an update on this thread too.. can't wait!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2017 at 9:25 AM, SIR E30 said:

Mines the only non-bridgeported one!

Thank god, cars awesome BTW.

• Like 1

Nice build. I used to be pretty heavily into rotors too, check out www.aotearota.maori.nz if you're interested. 

Edited by Blackie