Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

MissBM V.2

Yes and no. Not quite specific enough to be accurate I'm afraid.

Just got confirmation back its for P Zeros. Not the other derivatives but P Zero in general. Not sure that makes sense, but yeah lol.

But they have also recommend FK543 which are Asymmetric.

Hey all,

I have Nitto Invos on the RS4 (they came with it). They seem to be a pretty solid tyre but nothing amazing. I did one track day on them and they were definitely the limiting factor, but then that's usually the case for road tyres.

One thing I wondered about them... their grooves toward the outside of the tyre are quite thin and shallow, so I wonder if they'll get pinged early at a WoF.

A couple of peeps have mentioned Eagle F1s, but it's important to know there is more than one type. My pick of the bunch is the GSD3s. I ran them on my VR-4 years ago and found them to be a very good all rounder, although fairly high wear rate. They also pick up stones like nobody's business.

Another honourable mention is the Yokohama Advan AD08Rs. I understand they're the pick of the bunch for the NZ Superlaps guys who run in the street tyre class. Almost as good as a dot rated tyre around the track apparently.

And that's everything I know about tyres.

James :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Excuse the dirty wheels (farm life) but the colour looked stunning once the sun settled!

Posted Image

• Like 7

Is it the light or have you done a light smoke on the headlights?

Is it the light or have you done a light smoke on the headlights?

Smoked indicators.

If you look through the thread you'll see the few arguments in regards to it being done (haha)

• Like 1

*Warning Picture Heavy*

Some wicked shots of the two sisters before the Schnitzer headed off to Wellington

post-32854-0-07516000-1452752036_thumb.j

post-32854-0-61436200-1452752037_thumb.j

post-32854-0-69739100-1452752039_thumb.j

post-32854-0-85755700-1452752041_thumb.j

post-32854-0-00158200-1452752047_thumb.j

post-32854-0-24473200-1452752049_thumb.j

post-32854-0-10288500-1452752051_thumb.j

post-32854-0-39820700-1452752053_thumb.j

post-32854-0-24234900-1452752114_thumb.j

post-32854-0-21841000-1452752116_thumb.j

post-32854-0-28576900-1452752118_thumb.j

• Like 4

great shots, the exposure and processing really captures the urban environment well. Cars and driver look good too :P

• Like 2

all the plate switching around is confusing me but cars look good! the colour really is nice. used to own a 2000 nz new 328ci in topaz blue years ago but never appreciated the colour at the time..

all the plate switching around is confusing me but cars look good! the colour really is nice. used to own a 2000 nz new 328ci in topaz blue years ago but never appreciated the colour at the time..

Haha yeah forgot about plates half way through shoot. Government plate belongs to Schnitzer. Miss BM/M3 belong to M3 :)

Hey Amber, your photography is really coming along nicely.

Each shoot you do gets better and better.

• Like 1

Hey Amber, your photography is really coming along nicely.

Each shoot you do gets better and better.

Photography courtesy of Daniel Kim lol.

Although I'm not half bad either. Here's a horse photo I took Hahha

Posted Image

• Like 2

Bit late to the party, but I've been running Invos for a while now & have no complaints. For a road tyre they grip well & are reasonably quiet. Wear seems ok too, I've done a track day, a skid pad event, two rallies and a few late night drives & still have some tread left. Plus, they don't produce any harmonics on the e46 m3 chassis (like they do with some other cars).

For the price they're well worth it. Plus, that tread pattern :wub:

Bit late to the party, but I've been running Invos for a while now & have no complaints. For a road tyre they grip well & are reasonably quiet. Wear seems ok too, I've done a track day, a skid pad event, two rallies and a few late night drives & still have some tread left. Plus, they don't produce any harmonics on the e46 m3 chassis (like they do with some other cars). 

For the price they're well worth it. Plus, that tread pattern  :wub:

At this stage the negative vs positive of them are weighing them out.. When for $400 more can get a set of P Zeros lol.

• Like 1

Hey Amber, how's those new rimz coming along, arrived in NZ yet?

Woohoo!

Did you do the happy dance?

Oh yeah, looking forward to seeing what they look like on the car!

Woohoo!

Did you do the happy dance?

sh*t yeah. Such a long wait but stoked!

Now for new tyres. Still on the debate as looked at performance reviews and a few other options have popped up :)

just make sure you get the shoulder shampher/side wall/profile right. What makes or breaks it is the tires and with the Work barrels you want it so you can see the rear cross-section of the outer lip. Looks killer.
Say no to rim protector tires.

I would even go as far to say as take on in to see what they look like to a trusted tire shop. Also a shop that has the right equipment so they dont scratch the wheels up. Lots of shops dont. At worst they should use a rim protector.

• Like 1

Hey Amber, do you think you will have these on the car in time for the Sunday meet?

just make sure you get the shoulder shampher/side wall/profile right. What makes or breaks it is the tires and with the Work barrels you want it so you can see the rear cross-section of the outer lip. Looks killer.

Say no to rim protector tires.

I would even go as far to say as take on in to see what they look like to a trusted tire shop. Also a shop that has the right equipment so they dont scratch the wheels up. Lots of shops dont. At worst they should use a rim protector.

Cheers for that. Insight always appreciated.

Options that have come up are

- Eagle F1

- Hankook Ventus V12

- Continental ExtremeContact

- Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec

And of course P Zeros.. Which unfortunately performed lower than some of them listed and came last in a number of reviews on performance Tyres.. PSS always top of the pick but not in pleasing the banks account haha.

Hey Amber, do you think you will have these on the car in time for the Sunday meet?

What Sunday meet o.O

There's so many going on. Most likely not if its this Sunday!

Unless I chuck current tyres on them.

- Hankook Ventus V12

Not sure about the others, but I would avoid those like the plague.

As Josh says, there is a lot of difference with the same size tire between brands, (look at the 'stretch' a PSS has compared to other brands)

Not sure about the others, but I would avoid those like the plague. 

As Josh says, there is a lot of difference with the same size tire between brands, (look at the 'stretch' a PSS has compared to other brands)

Interesting. They were reviewed rather highly by TireRack and Car & Driver.

The team that will be doing the tyres are generally pretty good and honest.