Sign in to follow this  
scottbeattie

1990 E30 318i Sedan - Diamantschwarz

Greetings lads

I'm selling my E30, was only used for a year as a daily driver, but I'll be using a company car this year so I don't need it any more. It's a facelift sedan, 318i automatic.....so not the most desirable model, but a good cheap and cheerful daily or a great base for a project. It has 202k on the odometer, I replaced the plastic cogs shortly after I bought the car as it stopped working one day when I reset the odometer. I've recently replaced the water pump and flushed the cooling system and filled up with new coolant, replaced the rocker cover gasket and cleaned the rocker cover up and cleaned and blew out the camshaft oil sprayer. The camshaft is pretty worn, rather typical of an M40 due to years of neglectful ownership unfortunately! As a result she's pretty noisy, bun runs fine. The M40B18 would make a fantastic boat anchor though! I toyed with the idea of keeping it and doing an M30 swap but I've got the E28 to play with. The car has a current W.O.F. and I'll get the rego sorted for the buyer too. The interior is average, has the typical rips in the front seats, although the driver's one isn't too bad. The back seat has seen better days, the back rest is ripped. The dash is cracked but there's a dash mat stuck to it so not really a problem.The glovebox needs a new latch as well which is pretty common, and the fuse box cover is broken from the bonnet closing in the wind. There is also a small dent/crease in the passenger door, which wouldn't take much to fix. There's also a Sony head unit with front aux input.

I'd like $2000 for it, with a new rego. I'm in Auckland and you can get in touch with me on 0212380320.

Cheers

Scott

https://www.flickr.com/gp/139048210@N02/i86voP

that took way longer than it should have. i should have bought it as a daily but too many cars at home as it is.. :(