Sign in to follow this  
denisjoh

Porirua City European - where have they gone?

Hi,, does anyone know what has happened to Porirua City European in Porirua? Mike did some work on my E39 12 months ago but when I rang today I see the numbers been disconnectec and the business appears to have shut down.

Failing that, are there any good independent repairers in Porirua area? I have a coolant leak in top hose area - again - and need it pressure tested to find out where exactly.

Struck off the companies register June 2015, not a good sign.

Auto38 are in Masterton, about 1.5 hours away. Not quite so local, of course.

Hi,, does anyone know what has happened to Porirua City European in Porirua? Mike did some work on my E39 12 months ago but when I rang today I see the numbers been disconnectec and the business appears to have shut down.

Failing that, are there any good independent repairers in Porirua area? I have a coolant leak in top hose area - again - and need it pressure tested to find out where exactly.

Head on up to Mike Page European in Paraparaumu.

And being 'struck off' just sounds bad but it is only a technical term and may mean the owner just closed the business due to ill health etc.

The leak will possibly be a small split in the expansion tank...usual weak point.

Edited by Haitoman

The business was not closed due to ill health. There are stories floating around I have heard from various people, Mike no longer answers on the private number I have for him so I don't know any facts.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I was one of Mikes last customers before the doors were closed last year and unfortunately it was not a pleasant experience.

I gave up trying to get hold of him after a month or so trying to get money back for parts which were charged for but not installed... Sounds like I was not the only one in this boat.

I don't usually name and shame anyone but was pretty p1ss3d off after this experience!

I was also going to try Mike Page in Kapiti for some diff work on my 328i, but haven't made it up there yet.

Edited by russellc2

Page European in Wellington City are good to deal with. Recommended, if you're in Wellington.

is your recommendation under the new owners? they changed hands about 6 months ago, now owned by an Indian/Pakistani/some where over that way.

As in VJ from page ?

Knows his stuff if its the same guy. His sig was on the first lot service stamps on my old e30 85 323i . He was still servicing it 330,000 kms later.

He also help with the m635i nut and bolt restoration from a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

Thats great Neal, thanks for clearing up!

often hear stories of cowboys picking up a good business and trading on the old owners goodwill. I do not know VJ

vj was (and his brother i think Beau or bo ) were at page when i first went there,years ago i think they had bought the business from Mike Page.I have nothing but good experience with them.They did most of the servicing and other work on my E34 including redoing the headgasket and everything else associated with it.That cost a small fortune but its still going very well today.

As in VJ from page ?

Knows his stuff if its the same guy. His sig was on the first lot service stamps on my old e30 85 323i . He was still servicing it 330,000 kms later.

He also help with the m635i nut and bolt restoration from a couple of years ago.

yes pretty sure phil gets them to most of the work on that car

I have ended up at Page European in Wellington City. Dealt with VJ. Excellent guy.

Job ended up being split radiator side (dratted plastic thing!) so new radiator. Also viscous coupling was dead and did the belt tensioner pully bearing while the covers etc were off.

Overall am happy and would recommend this shop.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2016 at 6:29 PM, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

is your recommendation under the new owners? they changed hands about 6 months ago, now owned by an Indian/Pakistani/some where over that way.

Bho and Vijay were excellent.  They're long gone now, and I can't recommend the current mob - I stopped using them a few years ago.