Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Govt. sell on behalf scheme?

I think 3pedals is a poorly programmed bot sent here to troll us.

Dave isnt much better recently, to be frank.

You have to include his history as well.

I did. And my logic is still watertight.

I cant believe it, but I agree with Ron.

In this case he's half right and half wrong. If you're saying you believe everything he's posted in this thread then you've been fooled.

I did challenge your assumptions recently and you threw your toys out of the cot, are you still bitter about that?

on the surface this looks disproportionate. The guy sounds like a twunt. as Ron points out, appeal denied.

Our media has been reduced to largely meta-reporting Twitter and Facebook, and puff-pieces - like this story. One-sided, no investigation.

Taking the humourous approach: his car could be impounded, and he is forced - for a year after getting his license back - to drive a Daewoo Matiz, with a speed limiter on it. Then has to pay $2500 per month storage, plus fees. If unable to pay, car sold to defray costs. Nope, doesn't work does it - the govt's core business is not car storage!!

The bigger story here is that someone paid 60k for a south african fairmont XYGT look-alike? Good lord. You can get a sh*t-hot e30 M3 for that money, flights a room in a hotel, a good meal, champagne, a massage, insurance, and fuel to drive your newly acquired M3 home!

• Like 1

Apparently there was a defense fabricated that his estranged wife needed the classic car with a button clutch in order to get his kids to school, despite her having her own car for this purpose. I highly doubt a blatant lie like that would have gone down well with a judge, and certainly at the least means he already failed the "character" test, so that the judge would not hesitate to lay down the full extent of the law at sentencing.

Just what I've heard from another forum, but I wasn't there, I don't know his history or the full story.

I do think it's justified though, if they'll do it to a boy racer who won't pay his fines, why not to a middle-aged man who is equally "anti-social".

• Like 1

Ron has consistent history though.

• Like 1

to drive a Daewoo Matiz, with a speed limiter on it.

A Daewoo Matiz has a speed limiter from the factory, its the 30kW powerhouse driving the front wheels

• Like 4

Bangs head against brick wall - must the dutch 'Kaas kop' coming out ?

Aah, I think I see an explanation..

You know how many Dutchmen it takes to have an argument..?

Aah, I think I see an explanation..

You know how many Dutchmen it takes to have an argument..?

we have more than one Hans here?

Someone posted this, makes the confiscation make more sense:

http://legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2002/0009/latest/DLM136853.html?search=ts_act%40bill%40regulation%40deemedreg_Sentencing+Act+2002_resel_25_a&p=1%2f

It is because he did this within 4 years of a serious driving offense.

Still think it's harsh.

Man that Trademe forum is an embarrassment, some of the comments there are so stupid...

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

Woh. Overseas and only just read about this. Very harsh even when adding the previous convictions.

I know a guy who ran from the police for 45mins running multiple road blocks finally getting spiked. Should have looked up to see Eagle sitting there.

He got a slap on the wrist and less community service than this guy. Lost his license for 6 months but got a work permit. Nothing more.

He was heavily involved in illegal drag racing and had been caught running from the police once before.

Tickle for one person. Kick in the nuts for another. No consistency.

Maybe the judge didn't appreciate being told such a barefaced lie.

judgements are heavily biased based on human emotions on the day of sentencing.

/captain obvious speech.

Woh. Overseas and only just read about this. Very harsh even when adding the previous convictions.

I know a guy who ran from the police for 45mins running multiple road blocks finally getting spiked. Should have looked up to see Eagle sitting there.

He got a slap on the wrist and less community service than this guy. Lost his license for 6 months but got a work permit. Nothing more.

He was heavily involved in illegal drag racing and had been caught running from the police once before.

Tickle for one person. Kick in the nuts for another. No consistency.

How long ago was that though? They seem to be getting a lot tougher on that sort of stuff these days.

It was when they really started cracking down on "Boy Racers". Killed the scene off for quite a few years. 2006-2010.

It was when they really started cracking down on "Boy Racers". Killed the scene off for quite a few years. 2006-2010.

Man remember the chaos on the early 2000s. Just wind up the boost with a valve controller, hit Quay St and see what happens.

They had to put chunky kerbs in the museum car park to get rid of us.

I remember one very memorable night where they brought out the water canon. All the girls screamed lol.

It was good times between 97 and 2003. Mostly harmless. Then fast cars got cheap.

• Like 2

You forgot Wiri station rd in the 80s...

I was drifting down there in the 70's in a '39 Ford V8 coupe & my mate had a Willys 4 door that we always tried to roll but we couldn't

• Like 5

I was drifting down there in the 70's in a '39 Ford V8 coupe & my mate had a Willys 4 door that we always tried to roll but we couldn't

And then I grew up... :P

You forgot Wiri station rd in the 80s...

And the 90's.

I remember that place well

That's it though right. We've been doing silly things in cars as long as there's been cars to do silly things in.

And someone's always taking it too far. Aint nothing new there.

• Like 1

A Daewoo Matiz has a speed limiter from the factory, its the 30kW powerhouse driving the front wheels

oxymoron