Sign in to follow this  
VIKINGNZ

The Best Hi-Tech Synthetic Oil for Turbo-Petrol Engine and Automatic G

Good Evening Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am about to buy a "new" second hand SUV for my family needs.

My goals are:

• Low kms on Odometer - up to 25000km max.

• Relatively new model SUV 2011-2012

• Petrol Turbocharged Engine up to 2,500cc.

• AWD, Automatic Gearbox

• The SUV it will be driven annually mostly in Auckland urban/highway combined and sometimes around New Zealand during the winter time.

Please, recommend me the most advanced Hi-Tech brand/formula with maximum protection and long life, no matter the price per liter.

Please, advise!

Thank you for your time taken to read my post and your further assistance in this matter!

Sincerely yours,

Julian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Julian Willow

Do some research of Red Line oils. They are a true group v synthetic oil unlike most of the oils sold off the shelf. Very high quality oil. Sold from BNT.

• Like 1

Im sorry, but this post just reads way too weird.

Spam / bot user??

Spam / bot user??

Michael! I read several times my post very carefully and honestly I don't found nothing wrong with the way how my post was written and posted! Nothing abusive, nothing stupid, nothing wrong!

My apologies, could you please explain what is weird and why I should be a bot/spammer/scammer whatever? The question is as much simplified as possible and as much kind as possible regarding the best choice of synthetic advanced formula oil!

Just asking if somebody know what is really the best and outstanding quality engine oil, in New Zealand as I am just arrived in this country and I am not familiar with the market which obviously is not like the European one from where I am coming from? Please explain and clarify what do you mean against my post! I don't see nothing wrong to be kind and polite!

Thank you and I hope there it will be more open minded people in this forum thinking out of the box!

Have a great day!

Edited by Julian Willow
  • Like 1

Do some research of Red Line oils. They are a true group v synthetic oil unlike most of the oils sold off the shelf. Very high quality oil. Sold from BNT.

Thank you, Kepes! I will have a look at this brand. And I will be back again. I believe it's better than "Mobil 1".

Spam / bot user??

His English is far better than my Bulgarian.

Thank you Mr. Westy! However I know the level of my English knowledge is not that much fluent but at least I try my best to express myself clear, understandable, kindly, politely and diplomatically correct!

Edited by Julian Willow
  • Like 1

Looks like Kepes you are right! This is very good oil for high performance engines and I keep in mind this and I will find out where to buy this in Auckland. Maybe a dealer or shop not quiet sure. Thank you Kepes!

Edit:

http://www.bntnz.co.nz/

Edited by Julian Willow

Gentlemen, did anyone know where in Auckland I can buy this Red Line Oil and what's the price looks like? Thank you!

Thank you so much Westy! You are so kind Gentleman, I appreciate that really! Step by step I start to see the horizon a bit closer! Thank you! Have a great evening, good and safe night!

Edited by Julian Willow

i have a 2010 E89 N52 .my oil change sticker from last may says its Vertex 0 w 30. i can't find a place to buy the oil or any reviews. help appriciated.

Edited by nowool
edit

Castrol is the BMW Oem oil for NZ.That brand sounds like some kind of oil sold to small garages.

If DIY super cheap has Castrol and frequently runs specials. Double check, but I think your after 5-30 oil.

https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/castrol-castrol-edge-engine-oil---5w-30-a3-b4-5-litre/299206.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA9OiPBhCOARIsAI0y71CVzFOgamY6BCi5zEA8EjJEFxJegCpkeqyz7XRo1kQWZMJIdzGQzT4aAoC0EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neal said:

Castrol is the BMW Oem oil for NZ.That brand sounds like some kind of oil sold to small garages.

Not anymore it’s not, all new BMWs are filled with Shell and all BMW franchise dealers use Shell now.

That said Castrol would have been the factory fill for that car. Top of the range Penrite and Shell would be valid alternatives.

• Like 1

local euro shop uses mobil 1. manual says to use castrol. should i stick with castrol? last oil change was with vertex and i can't find any supplier.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:33 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Not anymore it’s not, all new BMWs are filled with Shell and all BMW franchise dealers use Shell now.

That said Castrol would have been the factory fill for that car. Top of the range Penrite and Shell would be valid alternatives.

Bmw NZ still using castrol when my M3 is serviced.

Are they using shell for newer models here now ?

Interesting, might be specific cars the Castrol oil is still used in.

Certainly all the factories have been first fill with Shell for a number of years, and I believe that all the BMW network is on a supply agreement with Shell as well.

Pic for attention..image.jpg

On 2/15/2022 at 9:39 PM, First Timer said:

local euro shop uses mobil 1. manual says to use castrol. should i stick with castrol? last oil change was with vertex and i can't find any supplier.

Bit late to the party but forget about vertex 0w-30 and just grab any decent 5w-30 or 5w-40 and change it out. Castrol, mobil, shell, penrite hpr5 all fine for your n52

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neal said:

Bmw NZ still using castrol when my M3 is serviced.

Are they using shell for newer models here now ?

BMW dealers still use the Castrol 10w60 TWS motorsport oil for E46, E9X and E6X M cars. For everything else they now use Shell.

I don’t think Shell do a 10w60 equivalent.