Sign in to follow this  
wat

Where on where has my little wire gone

so i was poking around my e46 today. I opened my relay box only to find this...

definitely looks like its done on purpose but I'm unsure why, does anyone have any knowledge on why this was done or what wire it is?

Cheers,

Willus

post-53060-0-67259100-1465339413_thumb.j

post-53060-0-01417500-1465339422_thumb.j

post-53060-0-09255100-1465339429_thumb.j

I found only one Yellow/Green wire and it wasn't going to the Transmission control module (blue) as it seems here, but the DME (black module).

Last 7 of your VIN please to help is identify your tranny?

Thanks,

a.

Edited by andyb184

Looking at my notes that loom goes to your gear shift unit y8505. Have a look at what it connects onto at the other end as Andy mentioned need to know which type of auto box it has to determine which way it is wired up. Is every thing working in the end could just be a wire not used on your type of box and surplus.Had a further look around on bmw planet wiring diagrams and under A7000 transmission control unit found several versions the 11th one covering module 4 for a gm5 set up while the 10th covered 5hp and they are slightly different with coloured wires..

Edited by tim 325

If I'm looking at these diagrams correctly the 5hp19 has 5 wires and the GM5 has six. On the gm5 one is ge/bl yellow with blue circles possible your cut wire. Try looking in the link it will open and have complete vehicle, special, components and signal information. Click on the box and it will open a list click on A and look down for A7000 Transmission control unit click on that and another list will open number 10 and 11 are the one's you might find of interest.

http://www.bmw-planet.net/diagrams/release/en/e46/index.htm

Edited by tim 325