Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

x5 BMW 1M's for sale on TM

What do you reckon a 1m with 150km is worth in 2022?

• Like 1

all selling up so they can buy the new M2 :)

• Like 1

Damn.

I wanted a blue one.

What do you reckon a 1m with 150km is worth in 2022?

I think bugger all, standard N54 in a lightweight ride makes for a great car but not a great investment. If it had a unique engine and there weren't so many I think it would fair better in the long run.

Bugger me! Make that 6 1M's on the market:

Another Orange: //www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1122778024.htm

• Like 1

I guess they will need to realign their asking prices to meet the market...

I thought the M135i had the boggo N54. the 1M had some black magic breathed upon it.

At a dyno day one of these cleared my e46 m3 by 70 kilowatts / 200nm at the hubs yet both cars are rated around the 250 kW mark . Both cars were standard.

Edited by Neal

There are at least 39 1M's in NZ. My guess is a few more?

47 were sold NZ new so most probably yes.

47 were sold NZ new so most probably yes.

Sweet, and maybe the odd UK import?

At a dyno day one of these cleared my e46 m3 by 70 kilowatts / 200nm at the hubs yet both cars are rated around the 250 kW mark . Both cars were standard.

That doesn't sound quite right... M135i rated at 320hp, the E46 M3 rated at 340hp. (Rough figures.)

A tuning box will take a M135i to 385-395hp.

I'd suspect someone wasn't being entirely honest about how standard their M135i was. ;)

^ 1M != M135i Graham.

Nevertheless, I doubt those numbers also.

That doesn't sound quite right... M135i rated at 320hp, the E46 M3 rated at 340hp. (Rough figures.)

A tuning box will take a M135i to 385-395hp.

I'd suspect someone wasn't being entirely honest about how standard their M135i was. ;)

Was a 1M

Dyno run was at a bmwcc event in wellington 1M was highest BMW on the day by a clear margin. Just over 400 hp and 550nm. Second was a SLK32 at 396hp (Had been overdriven and cold air intake) My e46 was 305hp 330nms from memory and another modified e46 m3 did 275hp but run limited to 7000rpm as running too rich

There was a 335i but it wouldn't rev out on dyno so we missed out on the differences between turbo engines.

BTW 135s jumped to 235kw in some counties. (135is in USA for example)

Damn. (Where's my dunce's hat?)

Would BMW like to make it a bit more confusing for us simpletons?

At least they didn't call it a M1...

Dyno run was at a bmwcc event in wellington 1M was highest BMW on the day by a clear margin. Just over 400 hp and 550nm. Second was a SLK32 at 396hp (Had been overdriven and cold air intake) My e46 was 305hp 330nms from memory and another modified e46 m3 did 275hp but run limited to 7000rpm as running too rich

There was a 335i but it wouldn't rev out on dyno so we missed out on the differences between turbo engines.

BTW 135s jumped to 235kw in some counties. (135is in USA for example)

Ignore US figures, they're overinflated and basically rubbish.

And since I can't mentally translate the HP figures here into reliable Kw numbers then I have to discard them all. But I don't believe a 1M has 'hundreds' more Kw OR HP than an e46 M3 in stock configuration.

Could very well be the case if both cars are run on the same dyno. I.e engine knock control strategies on an engine producing it's peak higher in the rev range is going to be more strangled by the dme if criteria is met. Where as the N54 producing its peak more in the mid range in stock form has less strict measures in place.

Could be ful of sh1t but I have seen the effects crap dyno environments have on peak outputs for the late 90's series engines.

Anyway lucky people in the market for 1M's, spoiled for choice!

I think the issue might have been BMW understating the 1m figures as it had similar power and more torque than the more expensive e90 m3s

Eitherway the 1m is a fantastic.car . Ironically the USA LHD versions could be brought for Nz$50,000 new from the dealer when I was in San Deigo 2012 . Bargain car at that price.