Sign in to follow this  
Richiezhp

I need help...... electric seat. e39

Currently in the process of fixing the 'twist' problem with my e39 electric seats which i've cut a cable consequently 'deleting' the square crimped end that is required to mate into the motor. 

Does anyone have this cable i can buy? failing that, a old electric seat i can buy for the part. 

Any help would be appreciated as im currently riding around with no passenger seat which isnt a huge problem as i have no friends because i do this... 

please see photos of the part...

Many thanks in advance.. 021766520

Untitled.png

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Richiezhp

Instrument repairers that make speedo cables can help with that. Try Robinson Instrument Services in Sale Street Auckland

• Like 1

what you're supposed to do is to take off a chunk of the plastic covering wire but leave the wire intact. basically the wire needs a bit of room to move and the rubber covering expands and prevents this over time. Its really fiddly and annoying but a relatively simple solution to a b**** of a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qube said:

what you're supposed to do is to take off a chunk of the plastic covering wire but leave the wire intact. basically the wire needs a bit of room to move and the rubber covering expands and prevents this over time. Its really fiddly and annoying but a relatively simple solution to a b**** of a problem.

realized this after i cut it ha! watched most youtube vids on it too! thanks :)

3 hours ago, *Glenn* said:

Instrument repairers that make speedo cables can help with that. Try Robinson Instrument Services in Sale Street Auckland

thanks heaps, ill call them tomorrow