Sign in to follow this  
vinaymorar

2008 BMW 116i (E87)

Hi There,

I have bought a second hand 2008 BMW 116i (E87), it has got options for navigation, climate, communication and entertainment when the main screen opens up. The issue here is I can not use communication or navigation option. Also, I am not able to get all radio frequencies. I know this question must have been asked a million times, I could not find any answer anywhere. I have checked online and the local Bimmer experts like auto gravity charges upto $800 which is out of my reach. Does anyone have any guidance which I can follow myself and fix these issues ?

I have attached all relevant photos. Thanks in advance.

Vinay

IMG_8276.JPG

IMG_8274.JPG

IMG_8278.JPG

if you cant find on google/forums how to change it yourself, i doubt you could code it even with a follow through DIY write up. 

best to get it done professionally at auto gravity or similar but will cost money. its not an iphone where you go in and change some settings with buttons unfortunately..

yep, if you've an ex-Japan vehicle the nav system is different to europe.  the solutions for conversion of the Japan spec systems were developed in niu zild, and remain propriety.  Call Auto Gravity.