Reg on hold

$4k Ono 

Let me know your thoughts, no silly comments we left school along time ago 

Cheers

Edited by pommy
Changed description

Engine? Price very dependent on that.

Rolling body. No engine!

Now that the photo upload option is now working again Chris. Will you please post photos as per the forum rules in the For Sale threads.

Yes no problem. It wouldn't let me this morning

Cheers

I know the E30 tax is on the rise, and this is a coupe, but unless I'm missing something I can't see that kind of value here.

Maybe list more of the work done and what's included, rebuilt suspension maybe? Diff? Interior pics?? Engine bay??

• Like 3

what kind of value, do you see Jon?

as mentioned rolling body standard as an e30 comes. No point in showing pics of engine bay with no engine?

i guess a potential buyer would look at it and think. 

a 2.5 is what you're gonna want in there that will set you back upto $1500

a decent interior is gonna set you back upto $1200 if you go with the sports seats. + youll need some carpet

what suspension work have you done? it could be in for $500 of bushes to be replaced 

what are the brakes like? if it needs new disks theres another $350

looks like it needs a front bumper and a few other trims, thats probably going to set you back another $350

the paint is going to need looking at and the wee rust patch around the boot on the left there, only looks like surface rust but i'd be worried about it in around that location. a respray is gonna cost $3000

and after all that is done + the original price of the car it's: $11,000 you'd be struggling to get your money back.

Edited by brockie123

If I read correctly, this was a 320i automatic imported to NZ from the UK.

A live rego is worth something, certainly. A coupe shell is equally worth something. No mention of interior, condition or anything else.

I feel it's more likely worth a few $00 rather than a few $000, but as I have a rust-free E30 coupe rolling shell, I'll be happy to be wrong.

15 hours ago, pommy said:

what kind of value, do you see Jon?

as mentioned rolling body standard as an e30 comes. No point in showing pics of engine bay with no engine?

As it is listed you are looking at around $500 - $1000 depending on exactly what parts come with it. If it is completely solid, no surface rust, no dings, good paint, etc then a few hundreds on top of that. Live rego is worth a couple of hundred as saves re-reg process if good enough to be a road car, not if it is only good for a race car base.

Engine bay minus engine - is it also minus steering column and rack, loom, brake booster / brake lines, heater box, fuse box, exhaust, etc, etc.. lots of expensive bits in the engine bay besides the engine.

One man's rolling shell is very different to another unfortunately, the more clarity the better, and the more likely to get top $$ as less assumptions need to be made.

There seems to be very different "assumptions" in regards to what this is worth. At the end of the day it's worth what...that someone is willing to pay! Car yards go through the same thing every day.

As informed rolling body so No Engine!!!

Std suspension

It will come with x4 wheels/steering rack/booster/all glass/brakes/steering wheel/ electric sunroof. 

It was a Australian import. Not UK.  So...not sure where your information is from. Yes 32oi auto. However if you read the article. Comes with manual conversion. X2 sets of wheels. Rear disc conversion. Diff.(3.73 std) rear battery conversion kit. & reg on hold so no revinning!

Have sourced a m50 325 with 103klms for 500 with lume etc. (Not sure if you would pay 1500 as mentioned)

Interior I have sourced (but not purchase) for $600. Again 1200 for interior?

Comes with m20325 exhaust?

Comes with Crack free dash (maybe 1 crack) 

Anything else?

Oh & comes with front chrome bumper aswell!

7 minutes ago, pommy said:

It was a Australian import. Not UK.  So...not sure where your information is from.

Option 812, which this car has, is the 'UK version'.
And Carjam says it was imported from the UK.

Could have stopped off in Oz on the way over, of course.

You did ask for our thoughts. As you say - it's worth what a buyer will pay.

• Like 1

$1200 is what it would cost for a good condition sports interior, you may find one cheaper but that seems to be the going rate.

Also the m20 tends to cost a bit more than the m50. usually about $1000 youll need a new clutch and may aswell do the main seals while it's not in the car. also a $500 m50 will need to go through cert legally. That will set you back another $500 plus they'll want brakes upgraded and driveshaft hoops installed from what i've seen. 

you are right though it worth what someone is willing to pay i was just trying to show you how a potential buyer may see it. 

good luck with the sale, would be good if you got what you want for it

Hey really appreciate the feedback, yes I did ask for your feedback.... as I could be absolutely dreaming! Or winning.?

I thought it was from Australia due to the "south MelBourne bmw sticker" 

Have a few people coming to view on weekend the concensus is that it maybe be worth more, with selling everything separately! I presumed selling as a package would be more worthwhile.

Or worst case If I can find storage....do all the work & see again in a year or so.

Cheers again guys

• Like 1

Make a project of it and restore it! Or if you decide to part out I'd be keen on the rear disk setup etc. 

Good luck either way. 

You would most likely get more for it selling the bits seperately, but then it's more hassle dealing with more buyers and probably take a while longer. A "package deal" has pros and cons for both sides.

GLWS, let us know how much it ends up selling for!

If I sold separately is anyone interested in the rolling body? If I sell that first then I have to sell the other items lol.

not sure what specs you require to know? has everything in engine bay apart from the engine.... also have factory m20 325 exhaust & crack free dash/ front & rear chrome bumpers, all glass etc.

unfortunately  it does have some rust issues, the battery tray is shot! however do have factory rear battery conversion, so could cut the tray out?

x2 50cent size holes in floor pan so not bad considering from the uk (now I know)

let me know if you require any other information

shame I cant carry on with this project, but such as life!

cheers.

I also have the M20 325i ecu & loom. not sure If I require this for the M50?