Sign in to follow this  
My545

E60 replacement headlights

Seen them on an E60 at a cars and coffee event.

I will be honest.  They looked tacky.  The guy had all sorts of other crazy light mods going on too though.

Many replacement headlights are not legal in NZ.  But older styles that have a left and right hand drive difference.

• Like 1

;Off topic but it is obviously open slather on trademe now.

Was a time that it was only NZ or Aus but with a NZ bank account. Then it was the UK & now....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hotwire said:

;Off topic but it is obviously open slather on trademe now.

Was a time that it was only NZ or Aus but with a NZ bank account. Then it was the UK & now....

Oh yeah Trademe is a joke now.  Flooded with junk from overseas sellers.

Like Ebay you soon will not be able to trust anything on it.

When you said open slather I thought you were talking about the lights fitted to cars on the roads in NZ Hotwire.. I see all sorts of crap when I am driving around town, blacked out lights, blue headlights, red heahlights, bongo vans lit up like Christmas trees, etc. Just buy any old cheap sh*t of TradeMe and slap it on your car, don't worry about the rules. Probably all still get a WoF though..

Back the original post, I can't see anything immediately obvious to make the lights illegal, the blacked out backing is legal from the factory I think so you should be Ok, used to need to be made to meet certain standards. Your average WoF inspector would probably not notice as long as they are correctly aligned and have the right beam pattern.

• Like 1

Yep that too Jon. Muppets on TM selling "cheap" LED H4 etc replacement bulbs with LED's plastered all over them (which give a totally uncontrolled light beam output) & a small disclaimer - not for use on the road. WTF else are you going to use an H4 bulb for?

Joe Bloggs buys these obliviously & fits to the said Bongo etc - only to blind every poor bastard coming towards them.

The proper H4 LED replacement has the LED's  positioned in the exact location of the original bulb filaments - meaning the light is projected off the reflector in the same pattern as the bulb.

And you are right - so many of these fall through the cracks at WOF time.

• Like 2