Sign in to follow this  
Kuutio

E28 -> m30,abs etc.

So i will be converting my m20 powered e28 to m30b35(from e34 92') but our mot needs abs to it so what im asking is what do i need to make abs work. My e28 will have e34 front/rear stuff so i can fit its abs sensors. I also need abs pump still but what abs pumps can i use? Do i need especially the 535 abs pump or can i use something like 525 farm(there is one locally). And something about wiring process would be nice too.

I would try and use E28 stuff where possible. E34 suspension fits but is slightly higher. E28's with M30s have Hydroboost brakes, so I'm not sure how much if any of it is compatible with your vacuum setup (which the E34 also uses). I'll find you wiring diagrams tomorrow. I'm assuming you're using a Motronic 1.0 525e and a Motronic M30B35?

Forgot to mention i also have the e34 brakebooster+cylinder, lowering springs on front(dont know about height, and rear i think i will try to get e28 shocks to fit since the ones that came with are kinda trash ones) and i have the engines harness and its ecu which im not quite sure about but i will find out and slap it here :D and i have a itch its motronic 1.3. And and and i think i should have mentioned it is m20b20 and not the 525e model.  

Edit: kind of missunderstood that question about ecu but anyways. I have motronic 1.3 (RealOEM). And as you can see, not too familiar with them :)

Edited by Kuutio

Thanks for the info! I had a thought since i dont have abs module or pump that could i put in something like 525 abs pump and stuff ? ofcourse the module and pump needs to be from same car to work right.

I'd suggest using all e28 parts if possible, unless the e34 parts provide a significant improvement. It's the pain of doing the swap vs what improvements you get

At the moment im just gathering information and parts to do the swap someday. Now that i got this thought i think i can read this somewhere but how different is m30 ac versus m20? Could i use m30 ac without too big modifications ?

I'm not overly familiar with the E28 AC system (never seen it in person), but I'd imagine you can use the existing E28 setup and an appropriate compressor (E28 or M30 if they handle the same system/gas).