Sign in to follow this  
emandru

e34 525i high clutch pedal engangement

Hi guys,

A little while ago I bought a manual e34 sedan from which I plan to take out the manual transmission and place into my automatic touring.  Since I've been driving it, I've noticed that the engagement point is very high up in the pedal (last couple of cms) and that the clutch doesn't bite very hard.  Looking though the stack of receipts for the car, it looks like the clutch was replaced by HELLBM fairly recently so I don't think its a worn clutch issue.  I'm wondering if this is normal for e34's or if its an issue with the style clutch used, length of the throughout bearing, stack height of the clutch etc.  Any thoughts or how I can test further is greatly appreciated!  Also worth noting that the manual in the sedan is not original but was previously swapped in.

Cheers

Edited by emandru

Plan on buying a new (proper) clutch and maybe flywheel, before you transfer it over.

Sorry.

while we are on the topic of clutches, does anyone have any suggestions on a lightweight flywheel or recommendations on what clutch/flywheel setup they've enjoyed?  I'm looking for something that can handle a bit more power than a stock m50b25 and also endure light track use.  Not overly concerned about a bit of extra chatter or noise but don't want something I would absolutely hate to drive to work.  cheers!