Sign in to follow this  
BimmerShaun

M52 swap help needed

Hey gang

So I'm in need of a little help here. 

I pulled the m50b25 from my 1991 325 sedan, and with an m52 I bought as well, I now have the iron block m50 2.8 stroker. M52 single vanos head with s52 cams too ?

I've got everything back together, I'm using the original dme and wiring harness from the car; the starter motor turns the engine over but I can't get it to start. 

I've read through a gazillion threads in various forums, testing this and that, but I've just reached a point where I need some help. 

If there is someone in the Christchurch area who would be interested in coming and having a look in exchange for their favourite tipple, it would be very much appreciated. 

Shoot with any other advice and what not too. 

Cheers

Shaun

I have fuel and spark now but I'm backfiring through the intake. I can't find any vacuum leaks and I've ran through the timing process on my head and I'm sure I did everything right. 

Anyone want to have a look?

Its what it's starting to look like. I'm confident I did it right but it's the first time I've ever done it so I better check. I'll rip the vavle cover off and slap the timing tools on

Nevermind. Timing was way off. The crank pin felt like it had "located" in the flywheel but it was just some other sort of indentation. 

I redid it and visually verified #1 at tdc. 

It's running and just a few vacuum leaks to chase down. Huzaaaah!!!

• Like 1