p1_m3

Couple of Rides spotted recently :-)

Spotted at C&C Smales Farm last month

_PCS1012.jpg

_PCS1013.jpg

_PCS1014.jpg

_PCS1015.jpg

• Like 6

Cool cars, The black one with the S54 engine is very rare.

Just notice the plate, FU 911... terribly childish. Call me a bore but those kind of 'RIP EVO' attack plates are just the worst of car culture. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ssbmw said:

Has anyone seen this one around anywhere in NZ? Never seen one in this colour in the flesh. Looks beautiful. 

https://bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=12678

Nope not me, ever (or was it this one? 

)

Edited by p1_m3

7 hours ago, Michael. said:

Just notice the plate, FU 911... terribly childish. Call me a bore but those kind of 'RIP EVO' attack plates are just the worst of car culture. 

Tacky asf.

Something that should be on a $4000 heap of sh*t ‘slammed cef’ driven by  a skinny pale white trash bogan from Hamilton or palmy who calls all his mates ‘gee’

Gorgeous cars but. 

I think they made a rule for C&C that cars had to be older than 1990 or thereabouts?

there should be some exceptions and these would meet that criteria. True modern classics (along with a (manual) 993 911 ? ).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coop said:

Gorgeous cars but. 

I think they made a rule for C&C that cars had to be older than 1990 or thereabouts?

there should be some exceptions and these would meet that criteria. True modern classics (along with a (manual) 993 911 ? ).

I emailed them and as long as the car is rarer, and not commonly seen on a daily commute they would allow it.

They welcome my 1991 Soarer for instance. 

But a 328i is not really the sort of car you want to see there, too common, verses an M3 or something of interest.

There were too many generic 2012 golf GTIs turning up and other such new common cars so that's why they decided to put the brakes on a bit.

That Estoril one was at our little coffee meet a few months back, truly lovely, owner is nice too.

The gunmetal one is owned by the guy that popped up on here looking to buy a CSL a few months back. Google his name... ?

hey Phil  (OP)

here is a couple of shots of your old car. Sold to me in 2011 and still in love with it!!

cheers

leonf

M3T-cliov6.jpg

clioRear.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, leonf said:

hey Phil  (OP)

here is a couple of shots of your old car. Sold to me in 2011 and still in love with it!!

cheers

leonf

M3T-cliov6.jpg

clioRear.jpg

Hi Neil - thanks for the PM and update. I have wondered lately whether you still had it lol. Kinda wish I'd kept it, but couldnt at the time etc. I've just got another Z4M Coupe so happy with that.

Just watch the lift off oversteer in the V6 - that nearly caught me out a few times ?

Edited by p1_m3

hey Phil

"just got another Z4M Coupe" - you are a man of exquisite automotive taste (and humble with it!!). I reckon most of us would be happy with that.....

Happy to say I have never come close to any v6 lift off oversteer, but probably because I am more of a Grandad behind the wheel than I should be!!  

cheers,,,,,,,,,,leon f

On 10/16/2018 at 7:00 PM, Michael. said:

Michael you are taking things too seriously....it’s playful and that plate was originally on a 2002tii.  I like it.

2 hours ago, NUSTAD said:

Michael you are taking things too seriously....it’s playful and that plate was originally on a 2002tii.  I like it.

I wouldn't say I'm taking it seriously, It just seems weird to me you hate a car model so much you have to spend $1000 on a vanity plate to show your disdain for such, and had to spend money to do so. 

Another plate I saw was 'F VTEC' on a E30 BMW  - to me it's bizarre some person needs to have a plate showing their disapproval of a particular valve system. 

With plates like you never know if its trolling or serious unless you meet the owner.

I drove guys XR6 turbo with the plate NOTJAP for a week and felt embarrassed every time i used it. He had nothing against Japanese cars though.

1 hour ago, Michael. said:

I wouldn't say I'm taking it seriously, It just seems weird to me you hate a car model so much you have to spend $1000 on a vanity plate to show your disdain for such, and had to spend money to do so.

OMG, you've given me a different perspective! I was seeing "911" as 'cops' and not 'Porsche'... so 'I saw 'FU Pigs' sort of thing. Whatever it's intended to mean I wouldn't fly that close to the wind anyway. I'm no longer aware of my plate and I still love it but it wouldn't surprise me if popular opinion had moved on, I don't really care.