Sign in to follow this  
jasera94

E30 compliance *Help*

Hi Team,

I have bought a E30 Carbrio as a project about 3 weeks ago.

The previous owner cut the front tow hooks to fit a bumper in the past and from my understanding this difficult to wof.

I have got a quote for $595 + GST to weld on some new ones. 

My question is what would be a more cost effective way to get around this to pass wof?

Would appreciate any input.

Cheers.

Have you been denied a WoF? If not I'd try and get one, my tow hooks (F/R) have never been inspected during a warrant. I'm pretty sure they'd never even know where to look.

And heck, given every towie will throw chains around your control arms anyway, who needs a tow hook!?!? 

• Like 4

tow-hooks as a requirement for WoF?  not as far as I know.

from my understanding its up the the inspectors discretion if its a wof item or now which i think is stupid as they have started to inspect many things which have nothing to do with safety as above ^

E30 Facelift front bumper mounts also include the threaded hole for the screw in type of tow hook. Could you look at using one or a pair of those with your current bumper, might need a little modification but probs easier than welding? They bolt straight into the pre-FL chassis rail.