Sign in to follow this  
1M2GO

8501 NZ New .. value ?

I have a friend owns a 1993 BMW 850i nz new red very tidy car with 85,000kms  2 owner car.. he is considering a sale .. whats its value ?

Edited by 1M2GO

Completely depends on condition. A mint one with all preventative maintenance done is worth quite a bit ($25-30K) but they can be worth peanuts if there is lots of work to do, as maintenance can be pricey on the 8s.

been well looked after, sericed every year no matter how lw kms it had done, I was thinking 20k to 30k. a hard sell what with petrol prices  and cost of upkeep black leather interior in very good nik. front lip could with a we fix up

That sounds about right but they are a hard sell, sadly. They shouldn't be, as the they are much less of a PITA than many people assume but maintaining them can be costly - particularly when the electronics start to go - as diagnosis is sometimes challenging and you have two of everything (MAFs, DMEs, DKs, etc).

yes he had said to me it was costly when he had to replace something electronic, he is looking to buy a four door bmw 5 series most likely an M5,  somehing easier to get in and out of

8 hours ago, kiwi535 said:

more details on the car please

BRILLANTROT (308)  is the colour code, 85,000 kms black leather interior, non accident car... looking to gauge it's value before considering options.

38 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

can you pm me the vin please

will ask the owner if that is ok to do so, he has not got it listed for sale anywhere a this time,

it is purely to look at the options the car came from the factory with,no other purpose

Mine's always for sale, Paul, if you're looking! Just done a whole lot more work too... New fuel pressure regulators, more suspension parts, headlining and about to refurb the air con (again!).

• Haha 2

didnt realise you still had that Jooles, thought it was long gone!

OP, dont let fuel prices sway you. any buyer isnt going to be using it as a daily so not really relevant.

Apologies for reviving an old post, but did your friend end up selling the 850i?