Sign in to follow this  
bradgalbraith

It's very nice but is it $38k nice?..

not with 190,000kms lol.. even for 28k.. or even 18k its still heaps of money for a 93 M3 3.0

Yeah that is pretty crazy.  The KM's just don't make it a collectible car.

Its a 15-20k car. The market has risen a lot for E36s, and they are selling for around those prices. Look at their other listings though for even bigger laughs.

They are going up in the US too.  Seen some stupid prices for what is not a real E36 M3 in my eyes.  Useless US motor they were forced to put in it.

They are the same price as E46 M3's now.  Which are in the low teens.

• Like 1

ok,,,,had a look at all the offerings from this TradeMe seller. Some nice, desirable, bits of kit here. The seller seems to have some good contacts (in Japan?). Prices seem very high though the cars on offer are presented well. Nothing exceptional in regards to collectability or really low km's imo however. As usual, the market will decide on the true value of these cars, and I suspect that, at these prices, these vehicles may sit a while before being sold at lower values. 

• Like 2

Dreaming on price.

I'm more interested in why it doesn't seem to have been seen around much.

Even at 20k those KMs would put any serious investors off. 

• Like 1

You'd be really hard pressed to get one with less miles for under 20k

I want you in know what the service history is like and if Vanos has been done. 

Apparently the 300ZX appreciated within a month?! Asking 60k.

I'm not too sure how many people wil lbe thinking... "I got 60k to buy myself a car.. I don't want a M or AMG or a cheap Maserati. I know! I'll get a 24 year old Z!"

Resurrection 

Been following this mainly for the questions and answers.

Still sitting there and a lot of interest and banter 7800 views and 107 watchers!

You have to wonder if she actually wants to sell cars and is a front for laundering money or this is some kind of unique sales strategy lol

Main thing that get's me is they say they had it valued at 38k but won't divulge which company/individual did the valuation....

• Like 3

I like how they keep saying 'come and see the car' to see the value yet won't tell anybody what amazing sh*t you're going to see.

Seeing it in person isn't going to up your value perception by 15 or 20k...

Still dreaming.

• Like 3

Price would still be too high if it was a low km immaculate 3.2 6 speed.

Might be ten years too early with that pice, I think instead of the smug comments people should bite their tongue, let the market do the talking and seller to find out the hard way. 

Remember back in 2007 ish you could pick up an M325i E30 for under $10k. 

If I can find a decent one for under $15k around this time next year I'll grab it. 

The thing is, the seller has no intention of "finding out the hard way". They're sticking to their guns.

All their listings are significantly over priced. I dont know what the game is, but they aint selling.

I even love that the previous owner said its worth about 25k, and the seller claims their "valuer" has told them its price has gone up.

For that sort of money i would want the steering wheel retrimmed so its not worn and shiney, same with the gear knob, a glovebox that isnt sagging, and an exhaust that isnt hanging down. The front LH bumper rub strip looks like its marked as well. And thats what i can see from the photos, let alone what i'd point out in person.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

Find out the hard way. I mean how selling a car can be mentally and financially draining, especially when seller are not willing to meet the market.  

Potential buyers will know the car  and what an unrealistic seller he/she is as it stays on the market for months, or re appears in a years time at a lower price.

Seller has to deal with time waster like the questions on the listings. 

Seller has to keep it insured/warranted/rego/serviced for the time its on the market (assuming they will do this and not stick rego on hold, cancel insurance and only wof/service come sale - a gamble and perhaps deterrent to potential buyers/test drivers).

There are a lot of overpriced vehicles (and other stuff) listed on TradeMe (and elsewhere). People want more than the market will pay. There are also a lot of low-balling scum out there, but that's another story.

The seller of this car has at least three other (overpriced) listings. The 'why' is questionable - they're not going to sell, but price isn't moving.

There are genuine dealers who do the same. (Is this seller a dealer? 4 vehicles listed at the same time?) For some it's a cheap advertisement. 

On 4/18/2019 at 11:39 PM, gjm said:

There are a lot of overpriced vehicles (and other stuff) listed on TradeMe (and elsewhere). People want more than the market will pay. There are also a lot of low-balling scum out there, but that's another story.

The seller of this car has at least three other (overpriced) listings. The 'why' is questionable - they're not going to sell, but price isn't moving.

There are genuine dealers who do the same. (Is this seller a dealer? 4 vehicles listed at the same time?) For some it's a cheap advertisement. 

i'm going to go with most vehicle on TM are overpriced.

And people get so offended when you offer them a few grand less that what they are after.

• Like 2

Seller seems to be getting a tad bothered in the q&a now. I still bet though, that despite their insistance that you will see the value when viewing it, it won't be more than a 25k car max. 

I'd be curious if things like the vanos have been done, but I'm not one to waste time asking. 

• Like 3