Sign in to follow this  
andrewm

2012 C63 AMG

Hi Andrew, can't believe I just saw this thread - I was talking to someone about the car and looking for my sell thread photos and stumbled across this! I had been keeping an eye on TradeMe to see if it would ever have been relisted. The car is looking great and loving the stuff you have done to it. I was a fan of the blacked out trim as I thought it looked more aggressive and the white and black interior was something special. I miss the noise this car would make and now considering to get back into another one! I'm sure you would agree now the facelift model was indefinitely much nicer than the 08-10 cars ;) I still look back at the photos.

FB_IMG_1540092661572.jpg

• Like 2

I could be persuaded that a W204 C63 is a good idea... Unreal exhaust note.

?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, liyi_92 said:

Hi Andrew, can't believe I just saw this thread - I was talking to someone about the car and looking for my sell thread photos and stumbled across this! I had been keeping an eye on TradeMe to see if it would ever have been relisted. The car is looking great and loving the stuff you have done to it. I was a fan of the blacked out trim as I thought it looked more aggressive and the white and black interior was something special. I miss the noise this car would make and now considering to get back into another one! I'm sure you would agree now the facelift model was indefinitely much nicer than the 08-10 cars ;) I still look back at the photos.

I wondered if you had dropped off the radar and bought a jappa or something. 

Car has been faultless, just had cosmetic and maintenance to do. Re did most of the blackout as some had started to flake off. I took out the subwoofer install but have kept it intact so it can be refitted at any time, the e85 flex fuel kit and the removal of 60kg of subwoofer and mdf box and mdf boot cover gave a very noticeable acceleration benefit. 

Think i will have this for a while...

Been a while since i updated

I got 20,000 out of the rear PS4S but interestingly look like i will only get 25,000 out of the fronts. 

Oil changes annually which is about 7000km, changed trans fluid, gasket filter and one time use aluminium bolts again as the change procedure only removes half the fluid.

Car still running flawlessly but will look to change out all pulleys and belts shortly and the injectors after that. I have some new control arms to fit so when the front tires hit 3mm soon ill swap them out and get an alignment and new tires. 

0EEB9346-14E1-4B7E-8CD4-E9CC5FC2EA4B.jpeg

8AB53DA3-EE6A-4BC4-B1BD-739FAB9737CB.webp

• Like 3

On 1/19/2023 at 12:52 AM, andrewm said:

Been a while since i updated

I got 20,000 out of the rear PS4S but interestingly look like i will only get 25,000 out of the fronts. 

Oil changes annually which is about 7000km, changed trans fluid, gasket filter and one time use aluminium bolts again as the change procedure only removes half the fluid.

Car still running flawlessly but will look to change out all pulleys and belts shortly and the injectors after that. I have some new control arms to fit so when the front tires hit 3mm soon ill swap them out and get an alignment and new tires. 

0EEB9346-14E1-4B7E-8CD4-E9CC5FC2EA4B.jpeg

8AB53DA3-EE6A-4BC4-B1BD-739FAB9737CB.webp 19.41 kB · 2 downloads

I am glad to see you still have this.

These M156 V8s really are something else.

Funnily enough since between the last time I replied and now I have gone through 2 more 2012 C63s however both were white coupes and P31. 

IMG_20200505_103318.jpg

20220807_115031.jpg

• Like 1

Just ran into the AMG tyre eating issue.  The old man never mentioned it to me and I put it down to towing the race car around as that is how I used the car the most.

I think the last set of tyres did less than 15,000kms and the inside edges of both the fronts and rears were done.  But not due to poor alignment like too much toe out.

Then I started googling.  Number one complaint for AMG's haha.

After full time in the E55 I think I need to have a go in a C63 at some stage.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

After full time in the E55 I think I need to have a go in a C63 at some stage.

I'm very seriously considering a M113K-engined vehicle for my next purchase...

Highly recommend.  The servicing on my one has been minimal.
I think the only time it actually failed was when one of the fuel pumps died which is actually a common issue.

• Like 1

A special edition C63 is on my radar as well. From what I read, the P30 and P31 are must have options?

13 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

A special edition C63 is on my radar as well. From what I read, the P30 and P31 are must have options?

Certainly nice to have.

Bear in mind that any 'ordinary' C63 is going to blow the mind of 99%+ of people.

14 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

I dont think so as depending on the year of the vehicle the packages changed but did not necessarily come with LSD therefore the main items on the performance package can be

1. Lighter internals in one of the packages but the cams cant take advantage of any increase in redline

2. more HP however this is mostly mapping and all the c63’s except the 507 and black series have restricted throttle opening to keep the HP below the fancier ones. A decent tune with take all the c63’s to ~500 hp

3. alcantara bits - which i didnt want

4. red brake calipers with slightly better brake pistons

5. 1.5 piece rotors but you can just put 2 piece on any c63