Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Wheel alignment - Auckland

13 minutes ago, HalfJobHarry said:

Are we still giving the nod to race align?

I am, yes.

I normally call them up and ask when a good time will be for them and then bugger off to Sylvia Park, or wander around tool shops on Carbine Road, for a couple of hours. Although red/masks/covid make that a slightly less appealing proposition at the moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I am, yes.

I normally call them up and ask when a good time will be for them and then bugger off to Sylvia Park, or wander around tool shops on Carbine Road, for a couple of hours. Although red/masks/covid make that a slightly less appealing proposition at the moment.

I'll do that then. :D 

• Like 1

If I was in Auckland I'd go to Eurosurgen. they can retrofit options and they use their own proprietary coding for import cars. 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:33 AM, First Timer said:

If I was in Auckland I'd go to Eurosurgen. they can retrofit options and they use their own proprietary coding for import cars. 

For wheel alignment??? 

Eurosurgeon do know their BMW stuff and can certainly save some aggro for many people but I wouldn't go as far as calling doing coding 'proprietary' ...

On 2/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, M3AN said:

I am, yes.

My initial total toe after changing to my M3 arms was nearly 18mm 😂😂. I was complimented for getting both sides to 8.8 and 8.7mm though. I put the tie rods back to exactly the thread they were on with the stock arms..so presumably that 18mm change is down to the longer control arms... 

The extra stiffness and super responsive turn in with the new arms feels amazing. I had felt that it was the rear that felt loose powering around a roundabout (at or below 50km/h of course) was slightly loose but that feeling has gone away with the front arms (which I don't fully understand). 

Down side is it makes one feel *very* adventurous and there is strong urge not to step the back end out given how planted the front feels.  

Awesome shop. Top marks for sure, this is a place that knows their stuff, regular priced too , sure you can save $20 going elsewhere but my experience with many places is you're rolling the dice. 

• Like 1

Yes, many a tyre ( some new) have worn to steel belts, in the short drive to alignment shop after this mod!

Good work Peter.

17 hours ago, smiddy said:

Yes, many a tyre ( some new) have worn to steel belts, in the short drive to alignment shop after this mod!

Good work Peter.

I would recommend this mod as a garage DIY for sure. Hardest part is torquing up the bolts with the wheel hub at the normal driving height. I measured the centre of the hub to wheel arch with weight on the wheels ..and then jacked the hub up to that height to torque everything up.