Sign in to follow this  
kiwi6539

E34 parts to save

Hello all. 

This is mainly for the E34 owners out there. Sorry if wrong forum I wasn't sure which forum to post in. 

I'm wrecking a E34 89 525 Auto mainly to save a few parts for mine which is a daily.  

Can anyone suggest parts worth saving like switches windrow motors etc for my car for breakage and worst case in the future. And stuff worth just getting rid of or selling. Plan to post parts after its in bits if worth selling them. 

Sorry long question 

General E34 stuff isnt worth much and doesn't normally sell. BMW generally used durable electronic parts those days and you can also repair most things without replacing.

Window regs, motors and switches rarely fail themselves but guess easily enough to store. Doors and panels are always good if you got the space. 

All exterior lights, heater valve, fuel pump\sender, instrument cluster, LKM and CCM module (if its digital), door cards maybe is all i can think of

Guessing its just got the basic manual vent control HVAC system?  

12 hours ago, Eagle said:

General E34 stuff isnt worth much and doesn't normally sell. BMW generally used durable electronic parts those days and you can also repair most things without replacing.

Window regs, motors and switches rarely fail themselves but guess easily enough to store. Doors and panels are always good if you got the space. 

All exterior lights, heater valve, fuel pump\sender, instrument cluster, LKM and CCM module (if its digital), door cards maybe is all i can think of

Guessing its just got the basic manual vent control HVAC system?  

Hey yeah manual vents etc has air con in it and mine doesn't but not going there. Tow bar, auto box running gear replica schnitzer rear wing.  Yeah will just save motors actuators doors glass etc. 

Will most likely Scrap most of it hurts cutting one up to pieces 

Edited by kiwi6539

Can anyone tell me what from front end rear end to save steering arms, sways bars that you can't replace bushings or reuse so just throw away. 

All that stuff is still available and you probably would fit new components your current one worn. Center tie rod, pitman arm and steering box would be the only things possibly worth keeping on the front. 

Those early front strut bearing assemblies are another thing to keep as they are expensive or even NLA for OEM and expensive for Meyle aftermarket ones. Probably easier just keep the whole strut assembly with the bearing etc.

Wiper linkage\motor maybe worth keeping also if you can be bothered removing it. 

Cheers 

Thanks I will. I have enough space to store a bit. Gearbox and converter worth selling engine is gone m20 b25 but think he's decided not to swap to e30. Might be for sale In future if know anyone. 

Wondering on diff axles etc and what's worth selling or taking straight to tip recycle etc

+1 on pretty much everything stated above. However, if you dont want that wiper assembly I might be keen on it...