Sign in to follow this  
NZ_InFerno

E81 130i MSport 2008

Have listed on trademe for $11.5k ono:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1968668683

It's a 2008 130i Msport with 49k kms

Will do lower price for bimmersporters, please note that it doesn't have a Supersprint exhaust on it anymore but a stock 130i one that sounds pretty good still. 

Highlights:

- 3 door E81, pretty rare

- Low kms

- Transferable Mechanical/electrical Breakdown insurance with 18 months left 

- Recent Cut and Polish with Ceramic coating 

- new Vanos Solenoids/Trans Service/oil filter gasket and service

- newer model 1 series 17s with good non rft tyres fitted

- Interior is absolutely mint

- Upgraded rear suspension, Bilstein shocks 

- Rear Msport bumper insert has been painted body colour, looks much better than standard 

Lowlights:

- Needs repair + respray on front bumper and aerial mount. Dent on tailgate(pullable) 

- scratches on fender/bonnet 

- bulb error but lights work fine 

- Parking sensors and rear wiper motor are dead(seems to be common issue on these) 

Probably 1k-1.5k to fix bodywork and replace sensors/motor 

Edited by NZ_InFerno

Manual conversion drivein/drive out available @HELLBM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NZ_InFerno said:

How much @HELLBM? I do have a second 130i ?

Call for details. 

Regards Ray

Drove this to Cars and Coffee, got a few comments about it. Drove superbly over Paekakariki Hill. 

Forgot to put a for sale sign on it as was running late ?‍♂️

Still for sale reluctantly 

Back for sale, but not available for a bit as potential buyer put some damage on the car parking it(after I told him it was low) :facepalm: so will be at the panelbeaters shortly for repair work. 

Will have new front bumper and new undertray fitted. 

Pre purchase inspection showed a new shock was needed so will be fitting new front shocks too. 

• Sad 2

That's rough. You break it, you bought it, buddy.

At least that takes care of the couple of small cosmetic issues it had, I guess! 

It's a cool car and in damn good shape, can't believe no one has bought it. It drives really well too, with some nice punch. 

Edited by KwS
  • Like 2

To be fair the buyer has agreed to pay to fix the damage and I have money from him already, just unfortunate. It does fix a couple of cosmetic issues but will mean it's in the shop for a bit. 

He was so keen on the car he got the windows tinted lol 

• Like 1

Is it just me who's really struggling to understand this situation. Getting the car tinted when you dont even own it yet?

35 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Is it just me who's really struggling to understand this situation. Getting the car tinted when you dont even own it yet?

Yeah I was super surprised when he returned it and it was tinted. He wanted me to pay for the tint and I told him no, he's tinted my car and I told him it's not yours unless you buy it. Then told me he had damaged the bumper, and I was like wtf man. 

3 hours ago, qube said:

after all that hes not buying it? lolwut?

Yeah, because it needs new shocks(a shock is losing fluid) he doesn't want it if it needs work done. So far its cost him whatever tinting costs, ppi cost and the bumper cost to fix :shrugs:

• Haha 1

So he got it tinted before the PPI?. Either way tell him to lay off the gear.

why did he have your car in the first place to get it tinted and damaged the front bumper? surely that didnt happen on a 5 min drive around the block..??

7 minutes ago, qube said:

why did he have your car in the first place to get it tinted and damaged the front bumper? surely that didnt happen on a 5 min drive around the block..??

He had it for a couple of days to do the ppi because I was away. Took most of the asking price as a deposit. 

ahh makes sense then i guess.

so to summarize:

He paid for most of it, then forked out a good $3-400 on ppi and tints, damaged the bumper another $500 or so and decided to walk because of a leaky shock? hilarious. best story of 2019 so far.

I think you are allowed to keep the deposit but im guessing you returned it minus the total cost of the above? good guy..

Sounds like there could be a profitable business venture in the offing :D

Take deposits from potential purchasers, allowing them to apply various upgrades before causing minor damage and paying for all of it, then returning the car in exchange for the balance of the deposit.

Perhaps hand them a wish list? ?

'If you're going to apply some unauthorised upgrades while you're testing it, an Eventuri air intake would be my preference. Failing that, some cross bracing? Thanks mate!'

• Haha 1

Probably good to be honest, E81s are rare. Dont want to sell it to a numpty who isnt prepared for basic maintenance things like changing shocks (which isnt expensive, nor difficult)

• Like 2

I would be all over it if it wasnt for the interior.. and the price is a bit high for me when E87's are going for 5k