Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Bimmersport member deceased in mosque shooting

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted on here in a long while - but just wanted to let you all know of a fellow BS member who sadly passed away in the mosque tragedy on Friday.

Atta Elayyan, known on here as 'crazyarab' has been named as one of the people killed at the Al Noor mosque.

He was a regular contributor to the forums since 2007 - many of our long standing Christchurch members knew him and his cars well.

The last BMW he owned was this E30 V8. He also previously owned an E36 M3 and a silver Tech II M325i, all which sported the number plate 'CRZARB'

Atta was a talented software developer, a member of the All Whites Futsal team, and has a young family. I'm sure you will all join me in sending condolences to his family and friends. Incredibly sad news.

- Mark.

post-4560-0-29496800-1397780140.jpg

Edited by Mark
  • Sad 25

Thanks Mark, 

RIP Atta, Ill re-post what I wrote on facebook, 

Brother I can't even fathom this.
I will eat some of my own advice in my hazy tears.. And remember the good times.
Learning today your passing in this terrible terrible incident.
I remember how OCD you were and we use to joke about our problem when modifying E30s of how it needed to be perfect or why try.
How wheels where everything to make the look of a car, how the way a car looked is also how it should perform.
When I would travel to Christchurch to perform in Antiform and make sure we caught up between flights and sound check with
 Cliff. My thoughts are with you, your wife and little one in these dark times.
You won't be forgotten brother. New Zealand stands with you and the Muslim community.
If anything this will insight community lead world change.
RIP Brother... RIP

Josh

• Sad 2

Some more photos of his 340 e30.
http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/48919-attas-aka-crazyarabs-e340i

I remember when you took use for ride around christchurch in it and how much punch it had out of the gate, we were all giggling like little girls and it didnt grow old. Still remember that smile on  your face.

• Like 2

Really nice words Josh. Atta was one of the greats. I didn't know him overly well, but when we did catch up it was always like reconnecting with an old friend - he was an incredibly gracious, humble, funny guy who always had a smile on his face. RIP Atta.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed admiring this car via the forum. I remember thinking the attention to detail was just fantastic. 

So sad that this moment of hate and madness has snuffed out so many lives. 

• Like 1

Yeah he was very passionate about cleaning his cars. One of the last meets was a cold wet day but he spent 6 hours the day before cleaning his car immaculately. I posted this last night but heard mixed stories about his status so I'll repost here;

We sadly lost touch after his focus switch from cars to family and futsal. One of last times I caught up with him was when i purchased the Hartge wheels off him, he sold them to me for what is considered a steal compared to what they are worth as he knew they were going to a good home and he would get to see them used. He was genuinely a nice guy and always happy to help. He will be missed

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

RIP man, crazy, crazy stuff going on in the world. 

This has brought it all home.

Rip. I never made the connection but realised that hes the same guy from counterstrike from back in the days. 

Theres a page for him on gpforum too with a lot of supportive words. 

• Like 1

Heard the news of Attas passing from another ex forum member here. RIP

Thanks for posting this up Mark.  I had an awful feeling that I recognised his name.

I first met Atta years ago (pre EQs) as a noobie at a meet. He immediately came over and introduced himself and made me feel at ease.

Sincerest condolences to his wife and daughter, his family and his friends.

- Mike

• Sad 1

Condolences and thoughts go out to Atta's family and to all those impacted by this senseless act. RIP - Rest In Paradise. 

That’s so rough.

He always came across as such a nice guy and his car was always so  mint. I had a weird feeling about his name when it was released, sorry to see it was right.

Sincere condolences to all of his family.

Although we never crossed paths in person Attas contributions to the forum and my previous car was always very positive and humbling.

RIP Atta [ CRZARB ]

RIP Atta 

Such a sad situation, and a real waste. I didn't know him personally but read all his posts about his E30, and what a car it is. 

i know you tube links aren't usually welcomed here, but will be an exception this time.

• Like 8

It’s been a very long time since I last posted here but I too would like to remember Atta. He was an absolute top man, top father, had a true passion for BMWs and we shared our perfectionism for cars and grooming. I’m not a great wordsmith but yeah, it’s totally sh*t. Thinking of Atta and his family. 

Tragic and stupid waste. I wish I'd got to know Atta. 

When an event is so terrible in scale it is the personal connections that bring it close to home, and make us realise what the loss really means.

Also haven’t been on here in a long time, but just saw this in the herald - such sad news - it was bizarre talking to people at work today about how this affects every person in NZ but didn’t actually hit home until I saw the herald article - went to put condolences on his Linked in page but it seems to have been removed. Rest is peace brother - you will surely be missed by many.

Another bimmersport old-timer here to pay his respects...

Atta was a legend on this forum. Always leading the way with mods and owning one of two 340i's in Christchurch around that time along with Riley's Lexus-powered one.

I remember one visit I had to Christchurch and I rode in Attas and the same weekend saw Riley's in the late stages of the build. It was running but not ready for test drives.

Atta was a good guy and we're all worse off for his passing.

Please help support his family through the givealittle page.

Perhaps on the page where it asks for a name put bimmersport as your last name, and your avatar, name or anon for your first name? His wife knows what bimmersport is and maybe the show of support from the community might help in some way?

So long to a cool BMW friend I met on the internet...

Edited by bravo

First post in a while and under pretty shitty circumstances.

Think the multiple tributes to Atta from the various communities he was involved in really paint a clear picture of the type of guy he was. 

Rest in Paradise CRZARB

• Sad 1

Thanks for the give a little links.

Condolences to family and friends. Just heartbreaking !

I remember when Atta was searching for his first M3; he said he searched for 'M3' so much that he wore out the 'M' key on his keyboard. Then one day, he found his Oxford Green E36 M3. I always enjoyed his posts - his enthusiasm was infectious.

RIP Atta. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.