Sign in to follow this  
emandru

Electrical wiring

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy electrical wiring locally in NZ? I'm looking at rebuilding the rear hatch wiring loom to my e34 touring but it looks like getting some good cable is difficult. Jaycar doesn't have much of a selection and the stuff at Supercheap and Repco is a laugh. Looking for something that is flexible, fine multistrand, and preferably comes in different colors. 

Cheers

Eddy

11 hours ago, emandru said:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy electrical wiring locally in NZ? I'm looking at rebuilding the rear hatch wiring loom to my e34 touring but it looks like getting some good cable is difficult. Jaycar doesn't have much of a selection and the stuff at Supercheap and Repco is a laugh. Looking for something that is flexible, fine multistrand, and preferably comes in different colors. 

Cheers

Eddy

try these guys . 

https://nz.rs-online.com/web/

BMW does repair looms for for boot lids like the e36, maybe they have one for the e34? 

Thanks for the one supplier Brent. Also found these guys https://www.msel.co.nz/epages/motorsportelectronics.sf/en_NZ/?ObjectPath=Categories which look pretty good. I'm not particularly keen on ordering in an OEM loom as they seem to have the same issue and you have to splice it in rather than use connectors. Plus for the cost I can make my own with high grade flexible wire, seething and connectors on either end so I can service it later if it decides to fail again.