E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

Now that’s a throwback! Someone message Riley, I reckon he’d be keen to buy it back, that car was an absolute peach when he built it. Wonder why it needed re vinning?

4 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Now that’s a throwback! Someone message Riley, I reckon he’d be keen to buy it back, that car was an absolute peach when he built it. Wonder why it needed re vinning?

It sat in a shed and the rego lapsed while he was overseas and I recomplied it when I bought it in late 2012.  I'd buy it back if I hadn't just bought another one.

• Like 1

E30 320 Touring rolling shell on bottlecaps. Some rust in the firewall. Live rego.

Asking $10-12k.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gjm said:

E30 320 Touring rolling shell on bottlecaps. Some rust in the firewall. Live rego.

Asking $10-12k.

I saw that one on the FB group, madness! 

It looks nice until you see the "no recent photos" bit. 

I thought it was advertised as a rolling “body” which wouldn’t be too bad if it was sound and only missing the engine and gearbox, but the lack of clarity makes that seem unlikely.

The touring is still cheap compared to the E30 M3 rolling SHELLS I’ve been looking for in the USofA... US$15k for a badly hacked up and accident damaged race car shell... ?

Still, there’s a guy on Facebook looking for $300 for a bootlid & heckspoiler with rooted paint. If that’s what they are worth then i need to contact my insurer as my garage & shed are a good mine!!

Wasn't this the one for sale awhile back. 

Haha, just came here to post about this 318is.

Looks SO good.

In the context of recent asking prices, not too bad given rarity, desirability and condition IMO

• Like 1

in the e30 world maybe, but you can get SO much more for 22k does it make sense?

• Like 2

As an M3 is above $90k; and a good ///M325i coupe is $50-60k now... then a tidy 318iS is absolutely worth $20k.  Check out the prices of tidy collectible non-garage Queen 318iS in USA where they are relatively plentiful!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ctho said:

I bought it. Very happy. 

Congratulations - looks beautiful - please bring it to the next meet :)

1 hour ago, ctho said:

I bought it. Very happy. 

+1 - congratulations

Is this where the E30 market is now?

Very much so it would seem. Right buyer and right car for it to sell "inside an hour" but I know 4-5 people who would have tendered offers over the next few days, so the buyers are absolutely there for the right cars. @ctho was the M325i there when you collected? I understand that'll be a $40K minimum proposition.

• Like 1

Bland 318i auto coupe in average condition for $12k ?

• Sad 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:29 AM, jasera94 said:

Looks like the E30V8 might have been sold... did anyone on here buy it? 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/2801624596

You know i thought v8’s would fry handling due to weight bias moving so far forwards.. would you believe a 1UZFE (165kg)  is actually 10KG lighter than an M20B25 (175kg) an M60B40 clocks in at 208kg.

Wow, with these prices on E30’s I don’t know if I’m better to garage, modify, or swap mine for something more comfortable and safe.

47ABE38B-A0A2-4065-A19B-B64A81223647.jpeg

3F004258-AF3F-4558-A023-19E9E393FE3C.jpeg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LemonHunter said:

You know i thought v8’s would fry handling due to weight bias moving so far forwards.. would you believe a 1UZFE (165kg)  is actually 10KG lighter than an M20B25 (175kg) an M60B40 clocks in at 208kg.

I Know!! how awesome eh. Dare I say Its quite an amazing engine despite being a Toyota..