E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

10 hours ago, jasera94 said:

I Know!! how awesome eh. Dare I say Its quite an amazing engine despite being a Toyota..

lol wut? The all alloy 1UZ is widely regarded as a brilliant V8. 6 bolt mains and oversquare bore further cements its credentials.

9 hours ago, leichtbau said:

lol wut? The all alloy 1UZ is widely regarded as a brilliant V8. 6 bolt mains and oversquare bore further cements its credentials.

They are just a bit lazy for what they are tbh. Been in a few 1uz powered vehicles and they were a bit boring.

3 hours ago, polley said:

They are just a bit lazy for what they are tbh. Been in a few 1uz powered vehicles and they were a bit boring.

That's certainly true regarding the first generation 1UZFE, very heavyinternals and valve springs made of cheese, not a very inspiring motor in standard form.

The 2and gen onwards ones go much better. The later 3uzfe is a lovely bit of gear, our GS430 goes noticeably better than my e39 540 did 

325i SE manual coupe in black on TM for $16k... Seems like a decent buy... 

12 hours ago, Sammo said:

325i SE manual coupe in black on TM for $16k... Seems like a decent buy... 

? shhh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, qube said:

? shhh

Unfortunately by the time I'm in a position to get a 3rd car these will all be $25k 

I have made contact but no reply..

edit: it almost makes that red one seem cheap at 22k doesnt it

Edited by qube
  • Like 1

Yeah, I would prefer a 6cyl but I think given the rarity of a 318is and condition, looked good - went to an AKL member too so keen to see it sometime.

Good luck!

I’ve seen a very nice red 318iS going into Pakuranga Golf Club a couple of times in the last week. Recent number plate, so could be the one that sold if previous owner kept the p-plate??

• Like 1

A couple of 318i Coupes on ™ asking between $12 and 14k and they’re nothing special other than tidy.  Not iS, at least one is Auto.   

yes folks, that’s where the market is heading.

Far better off with tidy E36 318ti than tidy E30 318i, they are better in most aspects besides looks and for a 9k+ saving im sure its easily gotten over. 

If you really want an e30, you’re not better off with an e36 anything.  Though undeniably, the e36 and e46 are objectively better-engineered, safer, stiffer and more sophisticated cars. ?

• Like 2

there are plenty of "better" options out there than an E30 but its not an E30.

I mean for 10-15k you can get an E9X 335i which is similar in price to the current day E30 market values.

• Like 1

E36 Ti is 1\2 an E30 and imo aren't that far off the actual driving experience (one of the main reason i and many bought an E30 in the first place)

IF 318i's are actually selling for the asking prices then i can only assume the buyers are degenerate fans or people buying as an investment rather than actually use, maybe both. Vast majority ive seen for sale ive seen have had the bare min amount of work done to meet WOF standards etc, but want top dollar for their worn peasant spec car.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

A couple of 318i Coupes on ™ asking between $12 and 14k and they’re nothing special other than tidy.  Not iS, at least one is Auto.   

yes folks, that’s where the market is heading.

Quite a difference, especially at the moment between "asking" and receiving. Most of us know, as well, the better

cars are moving to new garages quicker outside the vicious forum that Trade Me has become?

Edited by Willy Sea
sp
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Willy Sea said:

Quite a difference, especially at the moment between "asking" and receiving. Most of us know, as well, the better

cars are moving to new garages quicker outside the vicious forum that Trade Me has become?

I had trouble understanding your post.  Do you mean that clean cars are achieving more than their asking, or significantly less?  Are you suggesting cars sell slowly on trademe, and faster via other channels?  But at what price?

It's all very interesting, but where's the figures/clear evidence to support whatever your claim is?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eagle said:

E36 Ti is 1\2 an E30 and imo aren't that far off the actual driving experience (one of the main reason i and many bought an E30 in the first place)

IF 318i's are actually selling for the asking prices then i can only assume the buyers are degenerate fans or people buying as an investment rather than actually use, maybe both. Vast majority ive seen for sale ive seen have had the bare min amount of work done to meet WOF standards etc, but want top dollar for their worn peasant spec car.    

Their motivation for buying an e30 isn't important to me; though what price the market is standing, is of interest.  Mine's not for sale, isn't an investment, it's driven regularly, and is fun.  I have no plans to sell.  However, if some CUB walked up and offered me a keen and serious price well above market - at a level that stops objections - I'd have to consider it, wouldn't I.  Does that make me a degenerate?  No, I'm an enthusiast.

• Like 2

Asking and market are 2 different things though. Who has actual data of what they are actually worth\selling for, safe to assume its not the asking prices most of the time otherwise they would of sold quick. I can only speculate how some sellers come up with an asking price.

The "325I M" plate is not a legal NZ manufactured plate, will need to be re-made to be 100% legit.

But does seem like the owner has had it for a long time as it was first registered to the car on 1993!

Hogg & Swan - trademe user goeuro - have consistently had numerous E30's for sale in the past, none quite as good as this though.

On the original sales brochure under extras it says "Superb Performance" lol!

Only 2 owners!! (3 incl dealer)

It is so nice but 40k is 40k.. a lot of money for one of these.. (i'll probably be laughing at this post 5 years later when its $65k)

• Like 3

My cars twin! 

This car advertised came from Hastings to Auckland about May/June this year, it wasnt ever offically advertised on the market but i was in talks with the family before it was sold - I know how much he got it for ?

Its crazy to think how much these are going for now, i sold my M325i Tech1s for about 5-6k around 2010. 

Edited by APT
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, APT said:

My cars twin! Its crazy to think how much these are going for now, i sold my M325i Tech1s for about 5-6k around 2010. 

Everyone has that story haha, like my E34 540iS factory manual and lsd, techno violet, sold for 12k around the same time I think.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, APT said:

My cars twin! 

This car advertised came from Hastings to Auckland about May/June this year, it wasnt ever offically advertised on the market but i was in talks with the family before it was sold - I know how much he got it for ?

Its crazy to think how much these are going for now, i sold my M325i Tech1s for about 5-6k around 2010. 

how does one go about finding one of these hidden gems :Thoughtful-min: