E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

@qube yeah - I thought that was an odd detail to miss given the makeover its had and not everyone would realise.

For the sake of $200 the car would actually be legal.

• Like 1

@qubeLuck, like the E28 525e I just bought for $1500 today, or E30 318 for $2000 3 months ago

or @BreakMyWindowwho got a barn find e39 M5 for song, won’t out what I paid.

Edited by LemonHunter
  • Like 1

I got offered 40k for my car last year before it was written off. I declined. I think that Tech 2 is beautiful. He actually brought it round here yesterday and I must say, she's a tidy one. But Tech 1 over everything for me :D

• Like 4

On 10/22/2020 at 1:12 PM, BMTHUG said:

I got offered 40k for my car last year before it was written off. I declined. I think that Tech 2 is beautiful. He actually brought it round here yesterday and I must say, she's a tidy one. But Tech 1 over everything for me :D

Tech 1 lover here too! When I bought my tech 1, there were two tech 2s for sale.  The Tech 1 just looks so much more classy.  But if I was searching for a touring - tech 2 kit for sure. 

What are your plans with the Tech 1 convertible? I hope you can put it back on the road.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 7:11 AM, Contrails said:

Tech 1 lover here too! When I bought my tech 1, there were two tech 2s for sale.  The Tech 1 just looks so much more classy.  But if I was searching for a touring - tech 2 kit for sure. 

What are your plans with the Tech 1 convertible? I hope you can put it back on the road.  

Agree with you man. I love the tech 2 tourings for sure. The tech 1 vert is receiving a full back to bare metal respray and colour change, full interior retrim, new roof, freshly built motor, basically a restoration. Only thing that won't be factory will be the suspension and wheels. EDIT : And exhaust which I opted for a full Scorpion stainless system to go with my BTB stainless headers. Suspension is going to piss off a few purists but I got the airlift performance 3p3h kit only because I want to be able to raise and lower it accordingly dependent on the road I am driving on. I have also refreshed the rear subframe with super pro poly bushes and put in adjustable bolts for the trailing arms with poly bushes, new control arms for the front, new control arm bushes, everything will either be replaced or refurbished. Show room condition is the aim 

Edited by BMTHUG
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sammo said:

A little bit early 2000s scene styled for me but Jesus, there's been some serious money spent on this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/e30ownersnz/permalink/3485150621524259/

Lot of money spent.

Zero chance of recouping any significant percentage of the outlay. As mentioned, suspension is looking tired, and if that's the case, what is the status of everything else?
Could be great.
Could be...

yeah - $25k for a non-certed uber-modified unfinished e30 4-door.  On this occasion I'd need to say "better your money than mine".  Any certifier is going to be calling for a sh#t-ton of work before that gets a plate (or insurance).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Olaf said:

yeah - $25k for a non-certed uber-modified unfinished e30 4-door.  On this occasion I'd need to say "better your money than mine".  Any certifier is going to be calling for a sh#t-ton of work before that gets a plate (or insurance).

Id agree with this, to me it doesnt make sense if you have spent $100k why wouldnt you spend the extra 1% to get a cert plate and then its legal and able to be sold in theory easier

• Like 1

Someone throw up some screenshots.  I try to avoid FB groups.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Olaf said:

Totally agree, very odd to pump so much money into something and not cert - obviously needs plenty more spent to get it finished.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Olaf said:

I followed the auction for it on TM 3 year back when the original builder couldn't get a cert. It eventually was put up for $1 Reserve and went for $13k. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Someone throw up some screenshots.  I try to avoid FB groups.

Apparently $100k spent.

Custom interior and bodywork, M30B35 Turbo, LSD, made to order BBS wheels etc

Odd that it hasn't been certed.

123002346_10158921227257138_1933135345494868486_o.jpg

123298920_10158921227682138_6625652875664867306_o.jpg

123084827_10158921226747138_9137926430416277486_o.jpg

• Like 4

old owner of this vehicle ran into some personal issues. I won't go into detail but he sold it cheap to pay off some debts and never got around to certing it. It has had extensive fabrication on the rear guards etc to fit those wheels and was painted and put into storage. I struggle to see why it wouldn't get a cert as I had a very close look at it whilst it was being painted. It will probably need some minor things. Such a shame. The old owner did spent a sh*t tonne of money on it. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 6:49 PM, leichtbau said:

$13K sold in a day pending payment

Looks like a sharp buy, it's bloody clean.

Its a workmates friends car, had a number of people offer him 13k within hours. And a few people telling him it was far too cheap 

A rusty 325i sedan with holes through the floors and a list of WoF issues as long as your arm has just gone past $6k on a no-reserve auction.

Looks nice from the outside, but there is a fair chunk of money required to get this back on the road.

Rusty 325i.PNG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:24 PM, Gaz said:

Its a workmates friends car, had a number of people offer him 13k within hours. And a few people telling him it was far too cheap 

Based on recent history I’d agree.

Was a nice looking silver 325i coupe (320i with mildly worked B25 swap) on FB last week without a price... wonder what that went for

14 hours ago, Sammo said:

Was a nice looking silver 325i coupe (320i with mildly worked B25 swap) on FB last week without a price... wonder what that went for

Gotta love the 'just testing the market' listings. 

Edited by gjm
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Crazy times when $26K for a Mtech2 seems pretty good?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2875788912?bof=yW8g2kzv

Obviously not as immaculate as the $40K one recently, but looks like an honest car with a few decent upgrades.

Does depend on perspective.

To me... No. That doesn't seem good. Well, not good value anyway. Might be a good price, but that's another matter. Nice car to be sure, but really not worth that sort of money. IMO.

Case in point - a recent question on Facebook around valuing the sale of a tidy 318i auto convertible was seeing responses ranging from 4 to 14k. The seller was happy to list at $8k, which doesn't seem so very expensive.

Now that's a throw back! A bs member used to own it way back when. Wonder if it's still got the 2.8 in it? Mileage is probably closer to 360K than 260K as well..

It's not technically an "m325i" though, and the kit wasn't added until around 2005 or so.

• Like 2