E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

1 minute ago, leichtbau said:

Now that's a throw back! A bs member used to own it way back when. Wonder if it's still got the 2.8 in it? Mileage is probably closer to 360K than 260K as well..

It's not technically an "m325i" though, and the kit wasn't added until around 2005 or so.

Ahhh - that's definitely a factor then

It's a bit of a weird one - the car is a 10/87 build, but has every option the kiwi MT2 cars ended up getting, like maplight mirror, slippery diff, sport seats etc, except for the spoiler pack, obviously. The first kiwi MT2 car I know of had a 12/87 build, so maybe it was an assessment vehicle for BMWNZ? You also couldn't actually buy a non MT2 325i coupe in 89/90 either,  so maybe it just occupies the time line between MT1 and MT2 being available. I guess if it's got a black headliner then it counts as genuine??

It just had the front and rear MT2 bumpers when it had the 2.8.

1990bmwpricelist copy.jpg

On 12/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, leichtbau said:

This was mine. Sold in 15 minutes of listing it. The guy is flying down today from yes, you've guessed it, Auckland.

Maybe I sold it too cheap. Factory manual, new clutch, Fresh LSD, full black leather and flew through a VTNZ wof the day before.

20201206_153245.jpg

• Like 2

how much did you sell it for?

anything less than 20k and it was too cheap :P

• Like 1

Its not too tidy, needs paint work in places but the body was solid. Also, it is just a 316i at the end of the day. I thought it was a fair price and I'm happy with it. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, qube said:

how much did you sell it for?

anything less than 20k and it was too cheap :P

Listed at $8200 I think - can assume it sold for that or extremely close so fast.

A perfect scenario here, willing seller, finds willing buyer. Well done both😀

• Like 1

congrats Chris @slideways, good selling.  To think people were laughing at me a year ago talking $7-8k for a 316i faccy manual coupe 😉   

Looks tidy, got more pics you'd care to share?  I missed your listing.  Had you done much to it?

3 hours ago, Olaf said:

congrats Chris @slideways, good selling.  To think people were laughing at me a year ago talking $7-8k for a 316i faccy manual coupe 😉   

Looks tidy, got more pics you'd care to share?  I missed your listing.  Had you done much to it?

Thanks Richard. At the end of the day I realised I wasn't going to do what I wanted with it which was a 318is replica so thought best to move it on. Having it sit on the side of the road under trees was taking is toll on it.

I hadn't done too much to it, just the seats, LSD and a taco cluster. Wanted to tidy up the bits where the paint was rough but thought it wasn't worth my time and money involved to do that. I may regret selling it one day just like the last coupe I sold. A basic spec M42 E30 coupe has always been a dream of mine.

20201206_153237.jpg

20201206_153255.jpg

20201206_153416.jpg

20201206_153440.jpg

14 hours ago, slideways said:

Thanks Richard. At the end of the day I realised I wasn't going to do what I wanted with it which was a 318is replica so thought best to move it on. Having it sit on the side of the road under trees was taking is toll on it.

I hadn't done too much to it, just the seats, LSD and a taco cluster. Wanted to tidy up the bits where the paint was rough but thought it wasn't worth my time and money involved to do that. I may regret selling it one day just like the last coupe I sold. A basic spec M42 E30 coupe has always been a dream of mine.

20201206_153237.jpg

Mate, you were nearly there!  

Like mine, the M42 conversion is on the cards for next year along with exhaust, LSD, purple tag, and then cert.  The only other thing for iS replica in my case is interior - may have to make do with just upholstery rebuild.  One step at a time eh?

17 hours ago, qube said:

E46 ti seats?

Correct. Seemed to be the next best option for me when finding good condition E30 sport seats is next to impossible.

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

Mate, you were nearly there!  

Like mine, the M42 conversion is on the cards for next year along with exhaust, LSD, purple tag, and then cert.  The only other thing for iS replica in my case is interior - may have to make do with just upholstery rebuild.  One step at a time eh?

Your car will be awesome once the M42 is in there. Will perform as good, if not better than a 325i. I have an early E36 non EWS DME if you need one. Also, have a copied Turner/Mark D chip to suit too.

• Thanks 1

I had the opportunity, prioritising expenditure on other parts of the car right now.

On 12/9/2020 at 9:57 AM, slideways said:

Your car will be awesome once the M42 is in there. Will perform as good, if not better than a 325i. I have an early E36 non EWS DME if you need one. Also, have a copied Turner/Mark D chip to suit too.

I'll be in touch, Chris, thanks!🙂

I see that Supercharged black Mtech 2 325i four door is back up for sale - at $17500, trying to remember what asking price in March was?

Does not appear to have any real work done / changes made.

Pretty cool E30, but that’s strong money for a sedan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammo said:

I see that Supercharged black Mtech 2 325i four door is back up for sale - at $17500, trying to remember what asking price in March was?

Does not appear to have any real work done / changes made.

Pretty cool E30, but that’s strong money for a sedan.

Hasn't replied to my PM, or (as far as i can see) any other questions.

There's a build thread on here somewhere, I think?

• Like 1

Well built car. Properly thought out suspension and the tuning was done by Gavin. It's loud though, you'd have to love attention to drive it. Ask BMDubs what he sold it for?

Edit: sound system CRANKS as well.

Edited by leichtbau
  • Like 2

Wasn’t it listed for someone like $14000 ono in March on trademe?

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, leichtbau said:

Well built car. Properly thought out suspension and the tuning was done by Gavin. It's loud though, you'd have to love attention to drive it. Ask BMDubs what he sold it for?

Edit: sound system CRANKS as well.

Some cars take us back, don't they? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nath said:

Some cars take us back, don't they? 

and some never left 🤪