E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

Without pics, I'd say about 15k

A prefacelift 4 door factory manual sold for 12k within hours and had multiple offers so id say in the same ballpark

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cammsport said:

What's it like condition wise? What would you rate the interior and the exterior out of 10 (10 being factory mint)? LSD? The e30 market is so hard to judge right now. There's ridiculous prices on TM/FB but who knows what they actually sell for. 

Interior is about 7-8 and the same for exterior I would say. 

Does have an LSD

Forgot to mention it had an mtech 2 kit fitted, apparently it’s from factory but I’m unsure about that. 

Thanks for all your help Guys 

• Like 2

Prices seem to be rising faster than inner city 3-bed houses....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, balancerider said:

'Rear wang' says it all...

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 9.03.56 PM.png

can't begrudge Josh his sensayuma!  He's one of the e30 massif, solid bloke.

19 minutes ago, Southerner said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3023916419?bof=limFAahL

Deposit paid in under 24hours, does look very good though

thats clean but damn the price, we must be sitting on gold mines with our cars..... lol 

23 minutes ago, Southerner said:

It's not even a genuine Mtech? It merely has the kit, other than that is is a mildly nicely specced 325i coupe... What a price. I remember when real Mtech 2s went for like 15.

• Like 1

^^ My thoughts exactly, it's a 325i Coupe that has had some goodies put on it, not a "genuine" M325i / 325i Sport. Still worth some good money, but I would think that price would even be a stretch for a Genuine M325i Tech II.

If it has sold, with the deposit taken, so quickly then that is a real bench mark for the market.

I also saw a FL Coupe on TradeMe for $2,250 asking, I nearly hit the buy now, then saw that it was rusty as hell. Wasn't fussed about the 318i Auto part, that's easy fixed, but the tin worm is a lot harder to sort out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

^^ My thoughts exactly, it's a 325i Coupe that has had some goodies put on it, not a "genuine" M325i / 325i Sport. Still worth some good money, but I would think that price would even be a stretch for a Genuine M325i Tech II.

If it has sold, with the deposit taken, so quickly then that is a real bench mark for the market.

So long as the buyer knows exactly what they are getting...

• Like 1

Yeah, so I’m defiantly keeping the E46 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Southerner said:

My friends old car, he sold it 2 months ago.. Then that buyer sold it again - my friend had a feeling this would happen but is what it is. 

Imported via Hong Kong - car had a little rust issues here and there but in good condition overall. It was advertised for 28k now jacked to 48k because hes taken a deposit. 

Makes me happy keeping my E30 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Sammo

I don’t blame you, I can see the prices for E46s going the same way in future. Already starting to see it on E46 M3s, good condition 6-cyl manual M-Sports will go the same way at some point.

E36 is a bit of the odd middle child (M3s excepted), not retro cool like the E30 nor modern classic like the E46. /tinhaton

• Like 1

60k would be my guess

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
  • Like 2

Oh my...

With it being what looks to be a proper auction this will be most interesting to see where it ends up. The fact that reserve has already been met surprises me, but should also draw a few more genuine bidders out of the woodwork.

Subscribed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The fact that reserve has already been met surprises me, but should also draw a few more genuine bidders out of the woodwork.

Same two bidders going at it...

Hard to see a better, more original 325 Coupe becoming available.   Maybe a new high water mark coming here.   Lets blame Covid and no overseas holidays for this I reckon.

This,,,,,or the Alpina B.3 2.7?? They will end up at a similar price I would say.  https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/3022128646?bof=1iaIfysf

Edited by leonf

A 'bidding war' between two bidders when it doesn't close for 21 days... I personally find that a tad suspicious.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

A 'bidding war' between two bidders when it doesn't close for 21 days... I personally find that a tad suspicious.

Its not a "war", its just TM autobid doing its thing. Obviously they set and forget at the price they want to pay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1