E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Could this be Mr Oxton's one?  Was nearly identical to mine but better.

Rich Oxton’s one is the Tech II on TradeMe, Linked by Southerner above..? Don’t think he’s got a Tech Wan as well. The one I saw isn’t Mr Oxton’s though.

14 minutes ago, Contrails said:

Any idea on the price it sold for? Might have change the insurance on mine.

Price was in line with the asking numbers on the TradeMe listings and relevant to its condition. Trying not to give too much away as it was in confidence, not trying to be a dick.

If yours is a NZ new M325I that is driveable then I would suggest the insurance should be $25k+. Might be worth getting a valuation for agreed value insurance. You don’t want the “it’s a 35 year old BMW so it’s only worth $3k” letter if things go wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Rich Oxton’s one is the Tech II on TradeMe, Linked by Southerner above..? Don’t think he’s got a Tech Wan as well. The one I saw isn’t Mr Oxton’s though.

Price was in line with the asking numbers on the TradeMe listings and relevant to its condition. Trying not to give too much away as it was in confidence, not trying to be a dick.

If yours is a NZ new M325I that is driveable then I would suggest the insurance should be $25k+. Might be worth getting a valuation for agreed value insurance. You don’t want the “it’s a 35 year old BMW so it’s only worth $3k” letter if things go wrong.

Thanks mate. Will definitely do that. It’s NZ new and I have all the original paperwork. Yep, I drive it almost weekly.

It’s nice to see their values going up but annoying as I will end up driving more carefully and insurance premium will go up too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Ah yes I remember now.  My one was better being a Tech 1. :D
They were quite often in the same Sparky shop together.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2021 at 10:17 PM, Gaz said:

One of the first four M325i's into NZ, all of them Polaris Silver 1986 models. Note the 14" weaves they all originally came on. Of the other three, we all know Hybrid's car, another of them lived in Melbourne with a sister tec-1 UK 325i Sport (now since sold and replaced by an E30 M3 (s14m325i on instagram). The third is coming up to 550xxx KM (!).

Edited by leichtbau

On 4/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, APT said:

Why doesn’t this have a sunroof ? I thought all genuine M325i’s have them. 

Black headliner is all you need to see - everything else M325i specific could be optioned or dealer retrofitted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2021 at 9:12 PM, E28E30 said:

It appears there’s a batch of NZ new ones without them and without rear head rests.

Interesting also that the M Tech II M325i models new in NZ seem to have dealer fitted rear high stop brake lights as the rear spoiler would hide the usual LCI factory one.  I thought it was odd on the red one but this charcoal one seems the same?

Rear head rests were an option. Code 498.

The rear stop light is an interesting issue - the E30 parcel tray with integrated stoplight was introduced for the 1990 model year, but cars registered in New Zealand after Jan 1990 had to have them, so you've got the '89 build date cars without the parcel tray light, like the Alpina M325i on trademe, which was an 04/89 build, but wasn't registered in NZ until 01/90, so required the dealer fit high stop light.

Recent mt2 cars up for sale -

CLZ241 - parcel tray light / no dealer light

LIV3 - no parcel tray light / no dealer light

PR6499 - parcel tray light / dealer light

RM5295 - no parcel tray light / no dealer light

PY7742 - no parcel tray light / dealer light

PA3330 - parcel tray light / no dealer light

Edited by leichtbau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, qube said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/318i/listing/3079431306

$3500 no res start price, couple bids on it now.

will be interesting to see how high this goes.

Loving the front ride height, excellent for those cheeky driveways and curbs

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues on the trademe app for android? Keeps saying I'm offline

On 5/4/2021 at 3:32 PM, Sammo said:

Loving the front ride height, excellent for those cheeky driveways and curbs

If you take that tail pipe off, the rear should rise up 100mm to level it out too🤣

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 10:42 PM, leichtbau said:

One of the first four M325i's into NZ, all of them Polaris Silver 1986 models. Note the 14" weaves they all originally came on. Of the other three, we all know Hybrid's car, another of them lived in Melbourne with a sister tec-1 UK 325i Sport (now since sold and replaced by an E30 M3 (s14m325i on instagram). The third is coming up to 550xxx KM (!).

Hi Harm, does that mean the smiley headlights were fitted at some later date?

Your knowledge is encyclopaedic:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Southerner said:

This one has valuations of $15k, be interesting to see its final sell value

I know it’s a coupe and a manual, but...

316i, bottle caps, cracked dash, pretty basic, 173k kms

Is that really worth $15k..? Let’s see what the auction ends up at. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Southerner said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3082704918

This one has valuations of $15k, be interesting to see its final sell value

Same-same, but different

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3082033197?bof=UVgKFCaf

I'm sure $13k or so could get some panel, paint and some seat covers 

• Like 1

Unsure how this eluded the search engine previously.

Very interested to see what a very desirable (Schartz manual 2 door with Alpina bits) but non collectable (Not mint / engine swapped / no cert etc)  E30 manual goes for in the current auction market.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/320i/listing/3081744318?bof=qOCQShRm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Must... Not... Buy... Another... E30...

Must... Not... Buy... Another...

Must... Not... Buy...

Must... Not...

MUST!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

Very interested to see what a very desirable (Schartz manual 2 door with Alpina bits) but non collectable (Not mint / engine swapped / no cert etc)  E30 manual goes for in the current auction market.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/320i/listing/3081744318?bof=qOCQShRm

My simple mind was hoping no one else would take notice of it. Of course it was only a matter of time 😂.

4 hours ago, Sammo said:

Meh. Another 320. 6 cylinders... 50% more servicing! ;) 

(Does look quite sweet.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Chip said:

My simple mind was hoping no one else would take notice of it. Of course it was only a matter of time 😂.

It’s ok, I don’t think many people have spotted it... only 178 watchers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

My mind’s very simple mate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Good series car.  Rip all that junk off it and throw a cage in her.

• Like 1

As long as you don’t mention the 2.8 stroker under the bonnet!

@Driftit Remember when you could buy a very good E30 to turn into a series car for $3k? Look what you can get for that money now...

I was going to say it wasn’t that long ago, then I started counting the years and realised that I am officially old.

21 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

@Driftit Remember when you could buy a very good E30 to turn into a series car for $3k? Look what you can get for that money now...

Jon - y'mean last year...?
$2k cup. E30s. Not a chance these days. :(

14 hours ago, Sammo said:

Possibly due to the E 30 listing as opposed to E30 tag in search engine? Didn't come up in mine either!

This looks like its Ross Kent selling this car he's a good bugger and knows his stuff and loves e30s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1