E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

21 minutes ago, Olaf said:

it had a bid on it of $30k.  So yes, I'd expect so.

There’s another thread going, sold it for $40k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Olaf said:

I do like the R129.  If you've not already seen it, Harry's Garage review of his R129 SL600 is epic.  I'd love one, and considered an SL500 as daily on a one year contract with an 60km commute.  I was saved by taking a different gig.

I'm going to have a look at a SL320 later this week. It'd make a lovely stablemate for the 500SE.

It's not like I have to do to at the moment! Gotta keep busy. ;) 

Edited by gjm
  • Haha 1

So red M325i Mtech 2 was $64K

Black M325i Mtech 2 was $52k

Silver M325i Mtech 1 was $40k

Interested to see if this stroker faux Alpina coupe hits reserve.

15 minutes ago, Sammo said:

So red M325i Mtech 2 was $64K

Black M325i Mtech 2 was $52k

Silver M325i Mtech 1 was $40k

Interested to see if this stroker faux Alpina coupe hits reserve.

It didn’t it seems, $10,100 top bid

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

It didn’t it seems, $10,100 top bid

Kind of surprised, wouldn't take to much to make it a real beauty - wonder what reserve was...

6 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Kind of surprised, wouldn't take to much to make it a real beauty - wonder what reserve was...

Am thinking $15k? What you reckon? Hard to tell.  Some people don’t like modified ones and some of the auction questions about that seemed to worry about compliance etc, and another forum member found small bits of rust on it?

This used to be an auto 320i and has also been sitting around for a while but looks well done so maybe a fear of mods?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3099430527.htm

If I could magically snap my fingers and turn mine into a manual with an LSD and MTech or similar suspension, I would :)

3 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

Am thinking $15k? What you reckon? Hard to tell.  Some people don’t like modified ones and some of the auction questions about that seemed to worry about compliance etc, and another forum member found small bits of rust on it?

This used to be an auto 320i and has also been sitting around for a while but looks well done so maybe a fear of mods?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3099430527.htm

If I could magically snap my fingers and turn mine into a manual with an LSD and MTech or similar suspension, I would :)

Hard to say without seeing the rust / condition but I would think around $15k and keep $5k aside to make it nice and $10k to make it stunning.

• Like 1

Just now, Sammo said:

Hard to say without seeing the rust / condition but I would think around $15k and keep $5k aside to make it nice and $10k to make it stunning.

;) I think It was rust near the battery area in the boot, oddly in the rear valance and there was one other bit that the forum member posted.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:47 PM, Ghost Chip said:

@E30 325i Rag-Top Not too sure if you’ve viewed the e30 you had a bidding party with but I viewed it yesterday. While one of them looks alright, not too sure if the other rust spot should be of concern (2nd photo). Wonder how much it’d cost to repair.

Engine also didn’t turn over first time around even though it was already warm (Ross said it hasn’t happened before even when left for a few weeks), and generally takes a bit more time to start - may just be the engine showing its age.

9E2073DA-C9FB-4B08-817C-97CEB101FE53.jpeg

E3256D6B-FCA2-4ACA-8D50-B5DB088E6A4C.jpeg

Ah that’s the rust bits I was meaning

• Like 1

If you think about it, it makes sense. It’s not a collector level car so no one who’s stacked would drive the price up.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sammo said:

Reserve was 15k. Was really keen on that car, really gutted that I missed out, apparently someone called him shortly after and they worked out a deal so have changed hands now. I thought it was too late in the night to hassle someone to negotiate so left it til this morning, guess I was wrong. Be curious to see if it was someone from here that got it?

• Like 1

@Ghost Chip I mean I never saw the car but assuming it was in reasonable order I think that’s a fair price (in the context of this market).

• Like 1

@Ghost Chip I mean I never saw the car but assuming it was in reasonable order I think that’s a fair price (in the context of this market).

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

Yeah, apart from what I mentioned previously about the rust spots (which he treated when he got the car) and the engine needing more time turning over, it did seem like it was looked after well. He had some spare parts leftover to give with the car as well that wasn’t mentioned in the listing. Good bloke and seemed like an honest sale, whoever got it was lucky.

Edited by Ghost Chip
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Wonder if this will sell on buy now price. Feel like the red 4dr was in better shape.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3103253823.htm

You mean this? The one I bought?  Horses for courses I reckon :)  I paid top of market, maybe too much.  It is great having a range of cars and preferences in the space, all keen to get some E30 ownership.  I had my sights set on the red MTech2 but bailed at $43k.  Equally that coupe with the Alpina bits that went for $15k had heaps of appeal too and would be just as enjoyable or even more than mine. I am not wealthy and mechanically not a DIY-er other than bulbs, trim etc, so a project car needing work wasn’t what I wanted.

This is my 4th but not had a 6 cylinder until now.  Had a mint NZ new 318i M10 that in a fit of stupidity I sold and traded on a Landrover Freelander (junk!); within a week I saw it de-badged, de-spoilered and driven by a kid lying down in the driver’s seat.  Heaps of people have different plans for their E30s eh?

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/new-zealand-classic-car/20180917/282527249363253

Mine is 100% standard bar the 15” wheels and has done 162kms and interior might be fractionally better but equally, some of the upgrades he has done on that blue one are things I like eg the suspension work and it looks equally tidy paint-wise.  My OCD would go into full intergalactic warp mode with mismatched seats but I would LOVE sports seats like that one has.

B4D8AE38-AD3F-4BDC-B6B8-4C22851CE159.jpeg

408C4D7A-B454-4457-B119-1FF92AA92897.jpeg

51529DAE-5BA1-42F3-8F49-53AA9DE8DD9E.jpeg

2EFB9DFF-1C10-49C2-93A6-EEC7F88A547F.jpeg

97616D5D-95E4-475E-8399-750FD03C5FA7.jpeg

F3EF1167-38A0-4E63-B49C-A7024BFC3B60.jpeg

054C80F0-E318-4E85-BC2D-50F3D14BB275.jpeg

AD9FC829-16DD-461C-B503-91021A03F605.jpeg

Edited by E28E30
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Wonder if this will sell on buy now price. Feel like the red 4dr was in better shape.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3103253823.htm

Thats a $13k car, maybe.

Not much desirable about it TBH. Theres a 325i manual in as good nick, same colour with matching leather sports interior, certed coilovers asking $18k (that sat on the market at $15k last year for sometime). It's not selling at $18k.

Not even $20k if it were a manual 2 door.

@E28E30 yup that’s the one. I do agree that it depends on the buyer’s preference.

@Sammo where is this 18k 325i manual you speak of? Don’t know though, I feel like it’s tidy enough that someone would probably still buy it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

@E28E30 yup that’s the one. I do agree that it depends on the buyer’s preference.

@Sammo where is this 18k 325i manual you speak of? Don’t know though, I feel like it’s tidy enough that someone would probably still buy it.

FB Marketplace - both these have full matching sports leather interiors and are manual. 

Hard to see condition of the $24k auto on TM as the photos are poor - with @E28E30 one you can see it’s immaculate and looks fantastic in red with the basket weaves.

E46BF265-1394-4B38-8D4C-73EA2E5CA6C9.png

EAC3178D-6344-4D09-B118-4751EEE03A06.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

FB Marketplace - both these have full matching sports leather interiors and are manual. 

Hard to see condition of the $24k auto on TM as the photos are poor - with @E28E30 one you can see it’s immaculate and looks fantastic in red with the basket weaves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sammo said:

Not feeling those ones eh, especially not with those price tags.

Agreed, photos definitely make a difference. Or maybe it really isn’t that tidy haha

7 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

Not feeling those ones eh, especially not with those price tags.

Agreed, photos definitely make a difference. Or maybe it really isn’t that tidy haha

Rude :) joking lol.  I can’t quite get my head around the alloys on the blue one, ruins the look, would look better on others.

These SEs are a bit tippy-toes, they look great when on decent suspension like @adro’s awesome silver one in town

Edited by E28E30

6 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

Rude :) joking lol.  I can’t quite get my head around the alloys on the blue one, ruins the look, would look better on others.

These SEs are a bit tippy-toes, they look great when on decent suspension like @adro’s awesome silver one in town

Sorry nah, that’s not what I meant. I can definitely see why you think I meant that though. I was talking about the silver one. Sammo mentioned that the photos are poor - I made a joke that maybe it isn’t that tidy anyway and it’s not really the photos that are poor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost Chip said:

Sorry nah, that’s not what I meant. I can definitely see why you think I meant that though. I was talking about the silver one. Sammo mentioned that the photos are poor - I made a joke that maybe it isn’t that tidy anyway and it’s not really the photos that are poor.

Seriously having you on!   :)  the photos of mine make it look a great example, has a few unseen little dints and signs of being  a 31 year old car now that I have crawled around it more.  And am working my way through a few blown interior bulbs, but wow I know what you mean about Ardo’s, seriously looks mint

• Haha 1