E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

2 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

So is this car actually a once rusty, higher mileage rebored engine version? The advert doesn’t mention the engine which you’d think would be a plus? 

Car was covered a few pages back, and was a bimmersport members car circa 2010.

Rust:

1440466636.jpg

1440466583.jpg

Edited by leichtbau

Ah thanks Harm… those bl^*dy battery boxes!

Still such pretty cars, look amazing.  I don’t personally like those wheels but it looks hunkered down and mean.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Picture quote

6 minutes ago, APT said:

Did the listing get pulled ? 

Looks like it ‘classified expired’

It said it was sold pending payment last night. I admire the hustle to finance a 30 year old car and then make $1K a month on it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

It said it was sold pending payment last night. I admire the hustle to finance a 30 year old car and then make $1K a month on it.

Hmm when you put it like that, agree!!!

56 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Anyone know what it sold /listed for  ? 

It was listed at $30k asking, as it went so quick you would think it was pretty close to asking.

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

I admire the hustle to finance a 30 year old car and then make $1K a month on it.

Cost of finance is so low right now, and any savings are getting no return so not a lot to lose from that point. Good car to flip if you have the wherewithal to fix those rust spots and give it a tidy up.

Kind of surprised with that one TBH.

I get paying top dollar for an immaculate Mtech but that seemed far too tired, flawed and modified to occupy that price range.

Was the consensus that it was a Bone fide Tech2 or not?

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 12:46 PM, Sammo said:

Was the consensus that it was a Bone fide Tech2 or not?

what was the rego?

49 minutes ago, Olaf said:

what was the rego?

Pretty sure it was XD1988

Hmmm.  WBAAB320702860525 I think the VIN lines up, most of the options associated with Msport are there (LSD, MSport Suspension, Shadowline, sports seats, 

@leichtbau Harm what are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

Hmmm.  WBAAB320702860525 I think the VIN lines up, most of the options associated with Msport are there (LSD, MSport Suspension, Shadowline, sports seats, 

@leichtbau Harm what are your thoughts?

As covered here https://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/62048-is-this-where-the-e30-market-is-now/?do=findComment&comment=685041

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

It's an 87 build, so literally the earliest facelift production - the 337 mtechnic option (which incorporates all the usual M325i fruit) may simply not have been available at the time. Black headliner too:

1567310356.jpg

There was a period of production at the start of the facelift models where 337 M PACKET option was not available at the factory. I understand it was not until MY update at end of ‘88 build that it was re-introduced.

28 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Which begs the question, if I have a chicken and swap in a ducks body, ducks wings and a ducks head, have I still got a chicken or is it now a duck..?

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Which begs the question, if I have a chicken and swap in a ducks body, ducks wings and a ducks head, have I still got a chicken or is it now a duck..?

you've the makings of a fair curry.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

We're heading towards rotî sans pareil territory.

All this talk of curry and roti is making me very hungry..

I keep looking for a cheap(ish - it's all relative) E30 that is suitable for a quick tidy-up and flip, I've got a garage full of E30 parts that are all ready to be used, but I haven't seen anything hit the market that fits the bill. The possilby rusty Pre-FL 318 was as good candidate - but that sold before I could even call the guy, so there are obviously others out there doing the same.

But then I already have two E30s in the garage needing time and attention, adding a third one is probably not the best idea for marital peace and harmony. If the E30 had a few more safety features it could possibly be suggested as an ideal first car for the kids, but I don't think that will fly without an airbag or traction control..

• Like 1

Hold onto the bits.  You will make some good money someday without all the effort of E30ing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Has this been posted?

Seats and Plate are prob worth a little.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/214590167208065/

I would probably buy the plate if it was a decent price if anyone buys it… I am not on Facebook

Edited by E28E30

i went and looked at the car when it was first posted, and walked away.

Buyer beware, thats not a car you should be buying sight unseen.

20 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Keen on those seats if someone here buys it. I’d buy it for parts if it was in Auckland

seats are good for the skip. car has been left with an open window or something for years, all the foam has rotted away.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

seats are good for the skip. car has been left with an open window or something for years, all the foam has rotted away.

Sweet! It’s sold now it looks like, sold within 6hrs