E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

3 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

i went and looked at the car when it was first posted, and walked away.

Buyer beware, thats not a car you should be buying sight unseen.

If it's the one I heard about, it truly was a terrible example.

• Like 1

Interesting to see the prices of 318i autos in the UK market. Most are starting to go into the 10,000 sterling mark asking price.

Maybe it’s the winter season but E30s seem to have gone into hibernation from trademe.  

Oh my…. 🥰 colour is smart.  Not into the yellow French lights or chrome wheels but equally I know people love them so each to own

Wagon seems like decent value, but you would need to want all the extras.

Wonder what needs finishing / interior.

Could look good sitting on some Alpina wheels.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Wagon seems like decent value, but you would need to want all the extras.

Wonder what needs finishing / interior.

Could look good sitting on some Alpina wheels.

Returning it to semi stock would look smart on Alpinas!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

Returning it to semi stock would look smart on Alpinas!

With an Ivory leather interior 😍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammo said:

With an Ivory leather interior 😍

Let’s do extended leather while we are at it Sam, black with ivory stitching on dash and console.

I can contribute nil mechanical skills and at least $73

Edited by E28E30
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, E28E30 said:

Let’s do extended leather while we are at it Sam, black with ivory stitching on dash and console.

I can contribute nil mechanical skills and at least $73

You two are too fancy for me. I had to look up what extended leather meant.

5 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

You two are too fancy for me. I had to look up what extended leather meant.

Ah @Ghost Chip I meant to copy you in earlier for this #touringproject 😹 

@E28E30 Oh nah, that’s not what I meant. I didn’t even understand what extended leather was 😂. I can contribute a spare engine if the turbo one craps out though

Did anyone see what the 24v E30s sold for over the past 6 or so months? I lost track of them. 

Can anyone recommend a good valuer for insurance purposes? I have no clue as to what mine is worth. TM prices are all over the show and I dunno what's actually selling. 

• Like 2

Looks like i should be able to get at least $20k for my E30 vert, after reading this hahahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cammsport said:

Did anyone see what the 24v E30s sold for over the past 6 or so months? I lost track of them. 

Can anyone recommend a good valuer for insurance purposes? I have no clue as to what mine is worth. TM prices are all over the show and I dunno what's actually selling. 

Yours has to be close to $20k? 

Only 24v E30 I've seen in ages was the white one Ghost Chip bought but I think that was a little more of a project car?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sammo said:

Yours has to be close to $20k? 

Only 24v E30 I've seen in ages was the white one Ghost Chip bought but I think that was a little more of a project car?

Yeah, I got it for close to asking price and although seems to be an honest car so far, it needs a bit of loving.

@Cammsport let me know who you go with as need to insure mine as well.

Edited by Ghost Chip
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

Yeah, I got it for close to asking price and although seems to be an honest car so far, it needs a bit of loving.

@Cammsport let me know who you go with as need to insure mine as well.

I went with Star Insurance who gave no grief about the agreed value: AMI wanted formal valuation and AA weren’t keen without the same.

No idea if Star are okay on claims front but was a piece of cake online to sign up after getting a quote.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, E28E30 said:

I went with Star Insurance who gave no grief about the agreed value: AMI wanted formal valuation and AA weren’t keen without the same.

No idea if Star are okay on claims front but was a piece of cake online to sign up after getting a quote.

Yea my insurance company is agreed value but the value part is the bit I'm struggling with. 

• Like 1

I went with Star with an agreed value policy and found them great to deal with. As I have a few mods on my car and an expensive set of apex wheels my valuation exceeded their valuation initially but I sent photos and a description to Star’s approved valuer in Christchurch who came back with a satisfactory valuation and job done. Star’s premiums are competitive and service great so far.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Haggisman said:

I went with Star with an agreed value policy and found them great to deal with. As I have a few mods on my car and an expensive set of apex wheels my valuation exceeded their valuation initially but I sent photos and a description to Star’s approved valuer in Christchurch who came back with a satisfactory valuation and job done. Star’s premiums are competitive and service great so far.

Ahh good to hear, thanks Peter :)

@Cammsport

Happy with Classic cover, agreed value of $15k on my non-classic E46, $250 excess, lowish premium and they asked for high resolution photos of the car which is encouraging. All modifications listed and no issue.

Also paid out no questions asked on a brand new Msport bumper after a minor tussle with a curb.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, Cammsport said:

IMHO yours must be $25k and up, it's very well-sorted (whereas most of the other M5x conversions been up for sale recently are 'half finished'.).  If yours is certed, and as tidy (as it surely is), why wouldn't you be looking for more than 325i manual pricing?   You'd barely be able to build it for $20K.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

IMHO yours must be $25k and up, it's very well-sorted (whereas most of the other M5x conversions been up for sale recently are 'half finished'.).  If yours is certed, and as tidy (as it surely is), why wouldn't you be looking for more than 325i manual pricing?   You'd barely be able to build it for $20K.

This is my point, thanks @Olaf. Currently insured for $14k, which last year felt absurd. 

Not so sure about the recent trend of people asking $15-17K for their 320i sedans 🤣

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 5:53 AM, Cammsport said:

Yea my insurance company is agreed value but the value part is the bit I'm struggling with. 

I recently redid my insurance on my 24V touring up to 25k, given there have been a number of decent looking cars around the 18k mark.
And as above, a look of people wanting 10-15k for their 320i sedans, or 15-20k for 325i's autos.

I also went with Classic Cover for both my GTi-R and the N54 converted 130i ( all declared).  Happy with agreed value, premiums and excess. Upfront premium is only thing to consider.