E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

I suspect the mt2 market won't cool until hmm and seaview1974 have finally got their whales. They've bid on the last four mt2's and haven't won, so we're at least two cars away from a market correction.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GetCam said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/3233471285?bof=JhGHQ5d5

This seems insanely overpriced. I would personally be surprised if it was sold for 25k.

Jeepers! I think I am a pedant but I really dislike MT2 rear spoilers on pre-LCI cars, especially given how delicate the back of the convertibles are styling-wise.  The MT2 rear bumper’s depth helps balance it out more? But I know some people will also love it.  For me if it was manual, had the factory 15” basketweaves, the subtler lip spoiler etc then in this market maybe $35k+? I suspect the seller knows this but is also chancing the possibility someone falls in love with it?

11 minutes ago, GetCam said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/3233471285?bof=JhGHQ5d5

This seems insanely overpriced. I would personally be surprised if it was sold for 25k.

Looks like a very nice car indeed but there's another (not as nice) Auto 325i vert that's been sitting on Facebook Market place for months failing at $20K.

As nice as it is, the ceiling for an Auto PFL vert with 200+ kms on reps can't be more than $25k.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, leichtbau said:

I suspect the mt2 market won't cool until hmm and seaview1974 have finally got their whales. They've bid on the last four mt2's and haven't won, so we're at least two cars away from a market correction.

I think you and I know another mad hatter Harm… I have stopped drinking wine close to auction closing times 🤣 

• Haha 1

He has the basket weaves with it for the new owner. The spoiler is ugly, but an easy fix (I have an mtech 1 spare in the garage). When people are asking silly money for 316/318 sedans or coupes, I don’t think his starting price is far off. That’s still a biiiggg gap to the last Mtech2 coupe (genuine not a hashed together copy).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

That retrim is bad. Shockingly bad. 

The seats? Might be those LSeat covers or something, certainly look a little baggy.

I quite like the colour of the paint and the interior. Definitely has that classic look. I feel like a Nardi wood grain steering wheel would pair nicely with this setup.

• Like 1

With these asking prices going a little bit silly lately, has anyone actually seen a Non M325i or M3 crack $20K in the past 12 months?

I follow what I can see publicly but can only recall the stunning Red 318is going for about $22K. There was a Silver 325i 2 Door with a 1UZ V8 asking $20k last year that presumably sold for close too it as well.

2 hours ago, leichtbau said:

That retrim is bad. Shockingly bad. 

But on the positive side, they're sports seats and don't have rips in the middle of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sammo said:

With these asking prices going a little bit silly lately, has anyone actually seen a Non M325i or M3 crack $20K in the past 12 months?

I follow what I can see publicly but can only recall the stunning Red 318is going for about $22K. There was a Silver 325i 2 Door with a 1UZ V8 asking $20k last year that presumably sold for close too it as well.

Just my purchase… and I blame some of it on 🍷 

95CF0BE2-F4A4-4FCA-829F-20BB32984D25.jpeg

8B169B41-FDA6-43A1-B1EB-953134824629.jpeg

FFA31517-529A-47ED-BBFC-C4DE71C5D2CA.jpeg

2C2756E5-93C7-4609-99FE-B758D21DC86E.jpeg

7ADAEC15-2CA9-4368-8C5E-6CD8550E5100.jpeg

Edited by E28E30
Photos
  • Like 6

@E28E30 Had forgot about that one - to be fair though, that is leagues ahead of most of the stuff that's hit the market 👌

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammo said:

@E28E30 Had forgot about that one - to be fair though, that is leagues ahead of most of the stuff that's hit the market 👌

Hehe you’re kind. It is a good tidy honest car, “patina” and all.  I have asked it nicely to convert into a manual coupe but so far it is not having a bar of it, so am likely to be a repeat “drink and buy” offender in the future and liberate RedSE to the market or do some kind of deal

• Like 1

"if it doesn't sell ill keep it". Classic line for when trying to sell an overpriced vehicle. Needs stupid offers for stupid description.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sammo said:

The seats? Might be those LSeat covers or something, certainly look a little baggy.

They're not even the correct convertible pattern, and they're missing the piping that that style of sport seat should have. Don't get me started on the lazy stitching down the middle of the rear upper. If you're going to spout on about a "factory new refurb" and ask moonbeams you best get the details right imho.

• Like 1

I have nothing else to add anyone else hasn't already said, but man, 60k buy now. Man must be on something.

6 hours ago, E28E30 said:

I think you and I know another mad hatter Harm… I have stopped drinking wine close to auction closing times 🤣 

oh yea I forgot the other Hamish in Wellington ha.

nice price or crack pipe?

Edited by leichtbau

3 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

oh yea I forgot the other Hamish in Wellington ha.

nice price or crack pipe?

Seems like a good price until the kms, I am not mechanically minded so to me it’s not looking like an opportunity, but to someone with a rough 325i already who could swapsies over things? Maybe ?

7 minutes ago, Sammo said:

It has tidy elements; unsure why people don’t bin that hideous Japan market number plate trim immediately they buy these cars 🤷 

13 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

It has tidy elements; unsure why people don’t bin that hideous Japan market number plate trim immediately they buy these cars 🤷 

It's literally a five minute job to modify it - doesn't even need to be done nicely as the plate hides any F ups

20210228_112157.jpg

20210815_153915.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Blackie we *need* a showroom thread for your beauty

Edit: duh - just saw the youtube link!

Edited by Sammo