E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

One man's meat is another man's poisson.  Was the Clio V6 desireable to anyone other than Francophiles who prefer their cars from America?  "Everybody would love to have one" - a Clio V6.  No doubting your enthusiasm, sir!  

• Thanks 1

yep, Olaf.    French enthusiasm abounds.   Even after 10 years.   I also own the HellBM e46 m3 Touring tribute car and a mint '73 Mazda rx2 coupe and can confirm anecdotally that it's the Clio that gets ALL the attention and random people coming to chat about it at the gas station and supermarket carpark.

Edited by leonf
  • Like 3

Judging from recent New Zealand sales (none) these mid-engined Clios are about as saleproof as a souvenir from the Rainbow Warrior.

There have been several pop up at around the 70k mark, and they are all still in the trade, after some time on market. A very pretty low mileage car series one changed hands recently for 50 ish, which is where our market seems to be at the moment.

Not at all shameful, I love that interior. The leather covered dash and door cards is a real nice touch plus a good way to hide / prevent those E30 cracks

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

Wow!  I admit to liking the interior on the whole.  Shameful of me? :)

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3281389063.htm

This thing is beautiful! has to be seen to be appreciated. I have had the pleasure myself. I don't think that the price tag is too much for someone who desires to own it. I myself would pay whatever someone is asking if I really wanted it that bad :)

• Like 1

Looks well done, sans a few details, (eg tail lights). 

Why can't widebody kits have a fuel door flush? 

Not surprised that's the price - pretty cool!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:05 AM, Olaf said:

One man's meat is another man's poisson.  Was the Clio V6 desireable to anyone other than Francophiles who prefer their cars from America?  "Everybody would love to have one" - a Clio V6.  No doubting your enthusiasm, sir!  

I have a customers Clio V6 in storage, interesting car, how many came to NZ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LemonHunter said:

Bold to price it at E30 M3 money, Surely?

So hard to put a price on something that is so widely (no pun intended) modified as this. Looks to be well done, as supported by BM THUG, and Racelab are no back street outfit.

Would I pay $120k for it.. I prefer my E30s to be a bit more factory, and for that money I would want a bit more poke than a cooking version 4.4 V8.

That said, would someone else pay that money for it… quite possibly.

• Like 2

Can’t criticise a build this spectacular and comprehensive but similar to the crazy 600hp 2JZ E46, I think its going to be really hard to find a buyer for something so unique at this price point.

If you want something individual, surely you could build something amazing on the E30 platform for $100k plus?

It would have an S54 in it of course 😜

• Like 2

I was wondering when it was getting listed and at what price. I’m really curious about the details of the build. It really looks like a stunning car and an amazing build. Everybody has their own preferences so I guess they just need to find someone who has the same taste. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sammo said:

Can’t criticise a build this spectacular and comprehensive but similar to the crazy 600hp 2JZ E46, I think its going to be really hard to find a buyer for something so unique at this price point.

If you want something individual, surely you could build something amazing on the E30 platform for $100k plus?

I'm not sure why one would use such a heavy lump as an S54, when there are much lighter alloy blocks in the BMW portfolio with the  S prefix? S55 anyone 🤨

12 hours ago, Sammo said:

Unrelated but I saw your car the other day near Motat and I frothed over it :D What a beautiful e46, Almost crashed the rental moving truck I was in staring at it hahah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMTHUG said:

Unrelated but I saw your car the other day near Motat and I frothed over it :D What a beautiful e46, Almost crashed the rental moving truck I was in staring at it hahah

Haha - cheers man! I'm guessing Saturday? Likely off to PT Chev Beach - otherwise has pretty much been parked up through lockdown although the wife has been driving it to work this week as her Audi needs work...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

Haha - cheers man! I'm guessing Saturday? Likely off to PT Chev Beach - otherwise has pretty much been parked up through lockdown although the wife has been driving it to work this week as her Audi needs work...

As a motor vehicle repairer, I say this with no malice intended, but when does an Audi never need any work? haha Yeah I think it was Saturday. I was moving house so needed to rent a truck! It's so beautiful your car man. It's road presence is something else :D

• Like 1

couple of pics for posterity on the e30 mentioned above.    It IS unique!

1614706816.jpg

1614706676.jpg

• Like 1

Admire the effort of a build like this one, but it's a yeah, nah from me - and not just cos its asking $120k 😊

Edited by treone
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BMTHUG said:

As a motor vehicle repairer

Unrelated as I can’t seem to PM you but wait up, are you the SJ that works at apex auto?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Unrelated as I can’t seem to PM you but wait up, are you the SJ that works at apex auto?

The one and only. 🏆

• Like 3

everything about this car seems very 'right' - except the auto.........  And maybe the $16k ask, but these ARE extraordinary times.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3293807841?tm=email&et=45&mt=729E11BE-B8E5-4BCB-A7AF-EACDC8ACB2FD&bof=1YWdqfI3

1544451915.jpg

27 minutes ago, leonf said:

everything about this car seems very 'right' - except the auto.........  And maybe the $16k ask, but these ARE extraordinary times.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3293807841?tm=email&et=45&mt=729E11BE-B8E5-4BCB-A7AF-EACDC8ACB2FD&bof=1YWdqfI3

Personally I would be looking to the manual 323i Polaris Silver sedan over that - manual / better colour(?) and also has black leather sport seats in seemingly good nick with an Mtech wheel which adds further value.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3260294076?bof=hnsnFXPs

I imagine you could get it for $14k easy enough as well - where this one has been slowly drifting down from the low 20's asking price over months, so imagine seller isn't motivated to go much lower?

A very original and clean, manual FL 316i coupe just sold for $13,500.

And two PFL 318i manual coupes just sold for $15,000 each to the same buyer. 

Extraordinary times indeed. 

Screenshot_20211008-123502_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-123445_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

Those two PFLs went in like an hour as well 😱

Edited by Sammo