E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

Oooh @Sammo will reply to your Pm, a silver manual matching set car could be good too!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sammo said:

1983 PFL 323i Manual 2 door - Interesting colour - Opalgrun.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3354913013?bof=ahesLbra

Realistic asking price too?

1648418643.jpeg

Chatting to the owner on this one - I'm very interested, despite being older than I would like and not a B25 - predictably he already has two local guys coming to check it out this afternoon...

Has had $5K of rust and paint repairs in last 12 months, mint interior but said there was a decent crunch between 3rd and 4th though - synchro's? $$$

Doesn't mention that in the auction. Ive cured minor ones in the past with better gear oils but guess it depends on what its actually like. Either was id hold out for a decent FL 325i as im sure you'd save time and money in the long run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

Doesn't mention that in the auction. Ive cured minor ones in the past with better gear oils but guess it depends on what its actually like. Either was id hold out for a decent FL 325i as im sure you'd save time and money in the long run.

Did put an offer in on it, will see how I go (few other interested parties as well as expected)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammo said:

Did put an offer in on it, will see how I go (few other interested parties as well as expected)

Sold to someone else unfortunately - so a sub 24hr sale - at least we know what a clean PFL 323i manual is worth - $17,500.

I had an offer accepted but was based on including 15" weaves - they turned out to be 14" so renegotiated and it fell through - meh!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Sold to someone else unfortunately - so a sub 24hr sale - at least we know what a clean PFL 323i manual is worth - $17,500.

I had an offer accepted but was based on including 15" weaves - they turned out to be 14" so renegotiated and it fell through - meh!

Sorry to hear that @Sammo, another one will come along :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

That's some decent money. 😮There was a 320i recently listed in Auckland at what I would consider a far more reasonable price - don't recall exactly how much, but under $5k.

1 hour ago, Ghost Chip said:

Thought you’d get a flood of choices being that it was 50% off TM basic listing yesterday

Half of quite a lot is still quite a lot. ;)

@gjm sub $5k gotta be a rough auto 4 door sedan, surely? 

13 minutes ago, Sammo said:

@gjm sub $5k gotta be a rough auto 4 door sedan, surely? 

Dunno about rough, but I think it was an auto 4-door 323i.

• Like 1

Strong price for a, potentially, nice 'vert @$35k

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/3355051968?bof=1GaIFTJM

Hard to tell when there are pretty much no photos and the description is average at best.

1648523885.jpg

As you can imagine I am watching carefully to see how this goes...B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/3355051968?bof=1GaIFTJM

Hard to tell when there are pretty much no photos and the description is average at best.

1648523885.jpg

Be good if vendor was not so lazy

• Like 1

Free trademe listings bring out the best cars and ads...

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 7:39 AM, Sammo said:

It’s Cirrusblau (lovely colour) but has Pacific Houndstooth 0212 comfort interior (which is what’s holding me back TBH).

by all means, look for the car with the perfect spec.... meanwhile you miss out on this one which is a genuine, tight, tidy, excellent car.  At anything under $30k for this one, you're stealing it.  They don't come much cleaner than this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Olaf said:

by all means, look for the car with the perfect spec.... meanwhile you miss out on this one which is a genuine, tight, tidy, excellent car.  At anything under $30k for this one, you're stealing it.  They don't come much cleaner than this.

Fair comment - it is a tricky balance early in the search to hold out for a unicorn vs jumping on something excellent and 'real'....

If it was in AKL I would have definitely looked at it (its in Taupo) to get a feel for the blue interior in the flesh. Could always find and retrim a sport interior but that would be an expensive exercise.

Are you familiar with the car?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

1648523885.jpg

as am I, I paid 6.5 k for my 325i Vert two years ago  haha 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

Fair comment - it is a tricky balance early in the search to hold out for a unicorn vs jumping on something excellent and 'real'....

If it was in AKL I would have definitely looked at it (its in Taupo) to get a feel for the blue interior in the flesh. Could always find and retrim a sport interior but that would be an expensive exercise.

Are you familiar with the car?

Yes.  I've driven it, it's the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly, the market now reflects this: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3325861318

An asking of nearly $10k for a WoF expired, rego on hold, uncerted for changes, rust status unknown "but it's a coupe" car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gjm said:

Sadly, the market now reflects this: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3325861318

An asking of nearly $10k for a WoF expired, rego on hold, uncerted for changes, rust status unknown "but it's a coupe" car.

The spoils of my 'WTB' post this afternoon:

"These cars sold for 45 - 65 k on trademe not long ago So I know what it’s worth"

257471503_584996882586781_4641842060870077675_n.jpg

• Haha 2

“Has some of an Mtech 2 kit and the most sh*t tail lights you can buy.”

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

“Has some of an Mtech 2 kit and the most sh*t tail lights you can buy.”

I hate those lights, but I like OEM

Edited by E28E30

11 hours ago, Sammo said:

Hold out for a facelift coupe or mtech 1. You'll regret any other choice. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

@Sammo, is that e30 above the one that got pulled out of a shed recently for like $7k? Has baskets on it and most of the kit by the looks, with no interior?

• Like 1