E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

@Olaf Haha sorry mate, didn’t mean anything by it at all. It’s your car so obviously it’s up to you, but, it’d be so satisfying to do it when it’s finished and the last thing on the checklist is putting the iS badge in there!

• Thanks 1

e46 M3 or 1986 Tech 1 325i Msport for $46k.

9 minutes ago, Olaf said:

e46 M3 or 1986 Tech 1 325i Msport for $46k.

That is a tough one, although the average asking price from four E46 M3's currently for sale is $62k now... including a vert and two autos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn!  I'm slow on that market - stopped following e46 M3 as I couldn't justify buying one.  My view is clearly too last March! 😁

• Like 1

Listed at 20k. Not sure what the displacement is but considering prices nowadays and if they’re honest about the rust, not a bad buy for 20k.

F12E1AA4-47DE-42E6-B01B-CFFF759B4AE4.thumb.png.08821a7fe3de0c6aed43e33b32743d88.png

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

@Sammo How was it? Looks like it’s certed for the swap and the suspension. Wouldn’t be surprised if this goes quick.

Was all remote pictures / chat - I  think its a B20 though (albeit certed for B25).

Still not bad value with all the extras.

This one seems odd, has been listed several times. And the most recent it even had a leading bid 1 day out, closed with no bids on it?

Seems like not a bad price given what it appears to be and with the wheels etc 

1023032815_Screenshot_20220107-072734_TradeMe.thumb.jpg.a8e50549ee5f390508ffa185c1014bf3.jpg

• Like 1

If it was in Auckland, sold easily I reckon. 

Bet this thing screams! Wicked car - was chatting to owner on FB while I was looking a few months back but wasn't for sale then, or I would have been all over it.

217hp without stroking must be pushing the ceiling of the B25? wonder how a 302 cam would be on the street...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/3422419440?bof=LmldbBpU

1677769673.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sammo said:

Bet this thing screams! Wicked car - was chatting to owner on FB while I was looking a few months back but wasn't for sale then, or I would have been all over it.

217hp without stroking must be pushing the ceiling of the B25? wonder how a 302 cam would be on the street...

Would be a catcams hot street cam, around 252°@0.040", fairly street able, small vacuum assist loss on the brakes in parking lots and a little bit of bucking if not tuned perfectly. Not a terribly high performance cam, but make a great sound and wake the car up, and only technically require a spring and retainer upgrade to run

Realistically it would be around 170-180whp, dyno depending. 

• Like 1

Ahh yes, the “all original” 325i Vert that has (just from the photos) non-original wheels, suspension, boot spoiler, exhaust and head unit.

Does look in good nick though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Ahh yes, the “all original” 325i Vert that has (just from the photos) non-original wheels, suspension, boot spoiler, exhaust and head unit.

Does look in good nick though.

that was my first thought when I saw it! haha Non original but still tidy 

On 1/10/2022 at 2:40 PM, Sammo said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/3422419440?bof=LmldbBpU

1677769673.jpg

Anyone know any more about this vehicle?

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see where that ends up price wise, a bit of a risk with no WoF, but it looks to be a solid and pretty tidy 323i Coupe.

Luckily it’s well down south or I might have gone to look at it and ended up with 3 E30s in bits!

• Like 1

If that wasn’t so true, it would be very funny.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:50 PM, MD13 said:

Worth look if you're in the south...

e30

Similar car but 4-door recently sold in Auckland for $2300.

28 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

Silver MT1 for $70k…

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3445082787.htm

Was for sale in Christchurch late last year for $45k-ish IIRC? Appears to have done nothing to it since then?

Few posts above - sold on 13th December for $46,100 - basically the reserve.

I recall there was only one or two bids as well - I was surprised as I thought it might push $50K.

Still got the patched up bolsters.

I'm not sure what they are trying to do with the plates - was NND548 last year now under NZT846 in Carjam (with no other plate history on carjam despite being re-registered at least once) but has a plate registered to an Audi in one of the pics? 

I think they've mistimed this a little, judging by the 4 very very nice E30's on TM for $30k plus starting to gather dust, I have a feeling the E30 market has plateaued for now (as soon as I bought mine of course haha).

• Like 1