E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

Is that a rag plugging the firewall?

59 minutes ago, MD13 said:

Is that a rag plugging the firewall?

😮 

Could be. Looks too snug to just be sitting in the corner there.

On 4/11/2022 at 1:53 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The guy seems to have a fair collection of cars in various states of disrepair (#goals),  he’s also selling an old Merc, newish Merc and a Porsche 928.

Couple have asked about the shark nose but he’s keeping that one.

He lives around the corner from me.  They are all rooted.
There is also a small BMW wrecker just around from me.  Lots of E30's in various states.  Owner must be an E30millionaire. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

He lives around the corner from me.  They are all rooted. 

How bad is the E30 ‘vert? Can you pop round and have a look underneath for me.. 😘

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

How bad is the E30 ‘vert? Can you pop round and have a look underneath for me.. 😘

Can do if you want.  Will try and get around there tomorrow.

• Like 1

Wow, it went for over $3k in the end… might be that much in it as parts (M20B25 & manual conversion, new hood, etc) but hopefully a brave buyer is going to bring her back to life.

The silver Mtech 2 didn't sell on trademe.
I think $50k is a more realistic price but then again, it sometimes just depends on on finding the right buyer. 

15 minutes ago, Contrails said:

The silver Mtech 2 didn't sell on trademe.
I think $50k is a more realistic price but then again, it sometimes just depends on on finding the right buyer. 

Did it not? Had it on my watch list (not that I could afford it), got a fixed price offer of $55k after it closed and a minute later got an email saying it's been accepted by another member... 🤔

33 minutes ago, Vass said:

Did it not? Had it on my watch list (not that I could afford it), got a fixed price offer of $55k after it closed and a minute later got an email saying it's been accepted by another member... 🤔

Oh I got the notification that it didn’t sell. But that’s awesome if it did sell for $55k. Nice

Just seen a listing for a FL 320i 4-door manual (converted from auto). Some damage to the driver side front door, some leaks from engine sump and gearbox, ignition can require 2 or 3 turns to contact, alignment required.

Asking $10k.

Looks pretty good. Leather seats (possibly a retrofit) would benefit from work but look OK.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:27 PM, Vass said:

No, still for sale.

I think it’s worth $55k though, basically a new car.

• Like 1

@Vass extremely (large) rear (compared with a standard E30)?

Put it back on 15" basketweaves and sports seats 🤤

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 1

"Engine swap doesn't need certification" 

Classic 

• Like 5

Calling someone an idiot regardless of how silly their question is just speaks volumes of the character of the seller. 

870510D0-D9D7-4BEA-A73F-F6073A2E6596.png

• Like 1

Anybody keen for a nice 2002??   

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3596340928?tm=email&et=45&mt=729E11BE-B8E5-4BCB-A7AF-EACDC8ACB2FD&bof=YoeEB7jb

Yes, it's a $40k starting price - but if you started with a $20k shitter it would end up costing a lot more than $40k to get it to this level.

This one is an auto, which will put a few people off no doubt.

1751973142.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Contrails said:

Calling someone an idiot regardless of how silly their question is just speaks volumes of the character of the seller. 

870510D0-D9D7-4BEA-A73F-F6073A2E6596.png

Point of fact:  it wasn't a question, it was a statement!  🤗

I'm not excusing the vendor!  Actually I think he has read my publication "How not to list your car for sale", and really took to heart the photography section.   Also, if you're looking at buying a modified vehicle and enquiry on mod and cert status is answered the same way this guy has, it's very difficult to proceed.  You'll be wondering what else has been hidden, or what cowboy repairs have been effected.

Can't believe I sold my genuine, alpinweiss, well-maintained (and improving) 1989 e30 325i Manual Touring for two thousand four hundred quid.

• Like 4

The comment section on that listing is guaranteed Grade A popcorn material. A good combo of the seller being blatantly deceptive/misinformed and a very eager, passive aggressive wind up doll.

For the amount of money and effort that's gone into that build, you'd at least hope the dude would know the basic certification requirements. Wouldn't have much confidence in all of the work to have been done to a good standard with that sort of attitude on display. Bloody shame as looks a real gem of a car on paper.

Was nearly tempted to go sell a kidney there, a nice E30 Touring is absolute GOALS.

• Like 3

Serious question: of all of the advertisements for E30s with asking of $20k, $25k, $30k and more, how many are selling (at all) and how many get close to the asking price?

Great question - a few have been sitting in there for some time, I see the flipped M325I Tech 1 is back on again for silly money. 

Of those which sell its impossible to tell which have sold for asking or near the ask price. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Great question - a few have been sitting in there for some time, I see the flipped M325I Tech 1 is back on again for silly money. 

Of those which sell its impossible to tell which have sold for asking or near the ask price. 

It’s a bit like the housing market. It’s a buyer’s market atm. If you are really desperate to sell your classic car or your house, you are gonna have to lower your expectations. But if you are not, or can ride  it out, I think things will pick up again in a couple of years.

• Like 4

Well mine is still floating around for sale. I joined Wastebook to access Marketplace and awesome comments, and have had a few questions and some offers of $22k and $23k.   Am not in a hurry but be better if the damned GP would sell :)

Edited by E28E30
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gjm said:

Serious question: of all of the advertisements for E30s with asking of $20k, $25k, $30k and more, how many are selling (at all) and how many get close to the asking price?

If you don’t mind me asking, how’s the interest on the Baur Graham? I feel it may be more of a niche market so might need some time to get the word out - I may be wrong though?

9 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

If you don’t mind me asking, how’s the interest on the Baur Graham? I feel it may be more of a niche market so might need some time to get the word out - I may be wrong though?

Kinda what I expected. Lots of interest, (surprisingly) no criticism of the car, but only contacts re price are the usual "what's your lowest cash price?" after which there is silence.

To be fair, I've not widely advertised but that'll change this week.

At least in part, that's why we're keen to know how many cars are selling, and for how much. We want to 'meet the market'.
At present, if an imperfect FL 320i 4-door automatic can be listed - briefly it seemed - at $20k, a lower km, newer 325 should be worth more. But it is all about finding the buyer. :)

Update: A 1987 325 coupe in a similar colour to ours, on bottlecaps (can't tell much more from the pic) was listed on TM at $27k ono and has been 'Withdrawn by seller'. (Listing #3584347957.)

Edited by gjm
  • Like 1