E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

E30 tax is extending to parts. 

Boge inserts from 51mm struts. Pretty stuffed - suit custom revalve. Bilstein rears with some life in them. $250.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Not even going to try changing anyone's mind on that!

In at least 90% of cases, this is very true. 

9 hours ago, gjm said:

Not even going to try changing anyone's mind on that!

In at least 90% of cases, this is very true. 

You're right. It's worth more ?

On 10/3/2019 at 9:25 PM, gjm said:

E30 tax is extending to parts. 

Boge inserts from 51mm struts. Pretty stuffed - suit custom revalve. Bilstein rears with some life in them. $250.

that's not tax, you can buy new parts for less.  That's someone chancing it.

I was going to call it f**kwittery, but I'm sure that'd be censored!

Try E30 M3 tax, that’s a whole nother level.

The number of people that try and sell “genuine E30 M3 this, that or the other” for mega bucks and then get pissed when I point out it’s the same part as on every other E30 and can you can still buy them new for a fraction of the price!

• Like 5

Looking for a manual (not powered) steering rack for an E30. Found one - $150...?!?

I think I gave away the last powered rack I had, and the one before that sold for maybe $25?

Is this the price point for such things now? (E46 purple tag racks aside.) I may as well buy a Z3 powered rack for that sort of price!

You will not get much change out of $500 for a Z3 rack, so the manual rack for $150 may not be so bad.

• Like 2

More parts pricing silliness:

Brand new meyle insert shocks Brand new meyle brake pads Skimmed brake rotors No springs or top hats. $999

71501645_946505692373024_6226799708354904064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeGlW2PeWigOBX0ZLIVM4ey8T493Zo0aXy9Ws2xifrBNtUlz8-b0mdwgkt6657WFLnguTpC1Qm8vleQ0t9NUeFdEYv1y9FG_oZIf4Go9bg3HcQ&_nc_oc=AQmeaAqvfesbx3w6tR-GDsnfCjuPdQBi2VnD83ka_5SSt-aZ7qYcCmzqm0X4TO92SGo&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=119cdbfdf9f7310097f0752dbe526fcf&oe=5E2AB372

I suspect - hope - the price was a figure to satisfy the 'must put a price' requirement, and isn't an actual asking price, but given the way things are going who can tell?

Since the E30 boyz have been using them, asking prices for those have often jumped to $350+++, too!

• Sad 1

You can have one of mine for $200, I was going to do both cars but can't be arsed with the e30. Much easier on the E36

• Like 1

Just saw 'MHW' tail lights advertised at $2400 AU. 

WTF? 

Many E30s aren't worth that! 

• Like 1

so, here is where the market in the USA is heading.  This is a very nice build!

https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox/id/AQQkADAwATE0YzAwAC1jZmJkLWM4NjctMDACLTAwCgAQABqKdZtYvBBJpRxMCxzd%2BGc%3D

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, skidz said:

so, here is where the market in the USA is heading.  This is a very nice build!

https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox/id/AQQkADAwATE0YzAwAC1jZmJkLWM4NjctMDACLTAwCgAQABqKdZtYvBBJpRxMCxzd%2BGc%3D

That's a link to Outlook online...? I doubt any of us will be able to see the content! :)

• Thanks 1

oh well try bringatrailer.com and search bmw e30.  it is worth the effort.

Lots of E30 on there, I take it this is the one you are referring to @skidz? With the swapped S54. Just closed at US$23,000 which is a pretty good price for a very cool car.

1986_bmw_325e_1569916409d208495d1986_bmw_325e_1569916408f9f98764da2e123c63-d4e2-40db-a54a-a6e706422801-g7YGpR.jpg

It's now in the recently finished auctions section if people are looking for it. Nice build, none of those horrible USA bumpers and quite the sleeper. Do like.

The US market is a difficult one to gauge. 5-speed manual 325iX Touring for $3k or so, or a late model good 4-door auto for $15k. All prices, all sizes and shapes...

15 hours ago, skidz said:

Hmm, nice car, but at US$63k I would much rather the red one with the S54 and keep a nice chunk of change.

Wow, that is in great condition! Price is relatively high, but for an NZ new touring I would think it would be close to that.

Managed to get some E30 M3 parts from TradeMe without the tax... happy as, and the seller was a real legend too.

^I just sold that touring a couple weeks ago for 10k. 

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2019 at 1:44 PM, ctho said:

^I just sold that touring a couple weeks ago for 10k. 

There's a lot of that going on