E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

12 minutes ago, C-130 Hercules said:

There must be room enough for the e28! 😀

I need the funds unfortunately. it will be for sale soon. m535i spec too. I will regret it but hey such is life. Divorces aren't cheap 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, E28E30 said:

@BMTHUG and @Gaz love to see photos of your verts :)

ask @Sammo about my vert, haha it's a bare shell at present! I'm restoring it completely, nut and bolt restoration :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMTHUG said:

ask @Sammo about my vert, haha it's a bare shell at present! I'm restoring it completely, nut and bolt restoration :)

@E28E30 It’s red and has no roof haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, E28E30 said:

@BMTHUG and @Gaz love to see photos of your verts :)

Currently in storage until we move into the new house. Got the wheels on now just need to sort the rust and tech2 sides

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 2:54 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Conflicted views on that as I'm not keen on "our" cars being turned into investment items that drive the enthusiasts out of the market, but on the other hand makes mine worth more - not that I would ever sell them.

This.

I doubt anyone would contest my - our - enthusiasm for the E30, but they've reached the point now where they are no longer simply an enthusiasts car. Anyone wanting to get into a genuinely really good E30, and keep it that way, will need to anticipate parting with 5 figures or any desirable model. Base model 316 M40 automatics and the like are massively overpriced imho and while I do much prefer the M10 318, they are appreciating due to their age and perceived 'classic' status. (Make anything more expensive by adding 'classic' and 'rare' to your advert!)

Anyone wanting a good E30 now needs some significant funds behind them. Making it special will add to cost, but not necessarily value.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure I agree.. IMO price has nothing to do with it being an enthusiasts vehicle. Where they still a enthusiasts vehicle when they were $500 and being cut up and thrashed? Or were they cars for Bogans then? I look at porsche as the ultimate enthusiasts vehicle, not that I've ever driven one but will never be able to afford one but doesn't stop it being a vehicle for enthusiasts 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I'm not sure I agree.. IMO price has nothing to do with it being an enthusiasts vehicle. Where they still a enthusiasts vehicle when they were $500 and being cut up and thrashed? Or were they cars for Bogans then? I look at porsche as the ultimate enthusiasts vehicle, not that I've ever driven one but will never be able to afford one but doesn't stop it being a vehicle for enthusiasts 

True...

Defining 'enthusiasts' is tricky. 

320i SE 2 door manual sold in a week for what must have been $17-20k I guess 🤨

Nice enough specced car but really needing new wheels and a few interior bits…

30-40% premium over a 4 door?

DF945759-9837-49B6-BA9F-8B25B60BF47B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 9:46 AM, BMTHUG said:

hahaha still doesn't give you the enjoyment that driving an e30 does. I'll be honest, there is just something about these old boxes that does it for me. I would sell every car in my fleet just to keep my e30. the e60, the e23, the e28 and the e46 can all go hahha

Dibs on the E23 😍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cleanish_e46 said:

Dibs on the E23 😍

hahaha not for sale 

On 11/6/2021 at 7:42 PM, Sammo said:

320i SE 2 door manual sold in a week for what must have been $17-20k I guess 🤨

Nice enough specced car but really needing new wheels and a few interior bits…

30-40% premium over a 4 door?

DF945759-9837-49B6-BA9F-8B25B60BF47B.jpeg

What's wrong with those wheels? Suits it bloody well imo

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sammo said:

11 hours ago, Eagle said:

What a hori mess 

E30 tax has been over-applied.

Only $10k away from being a $15k car.

13 hours ago, Eagle said:

What a hori mess 

At least it has got a cert so can get a proper WoF, which is much more than many hori-fied E30s that come up for sale at silly prices.

Again, it’s got little problems which can be easy fixed with a little time and little $$s, then sold with a new WoF to justify the price. Seems very odd to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Again, it’s got little problems which can be easy fixed with a little time and little $$s, then sold with a new WoF to justify the price. Seems very odd to me.

Not at all uncommon (and not just with E30s). "Just needs a couple of little things..."

So why not do them?

• Like 3

even with the current e30 tax in play, and accounting for the quite desirable engine swap, I cannot see anything close to the $20k ask in this one.

May well be proven wrong.  Have been before and no doubt will be again.......

1639964456.jpg

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

At least it has got a cert so can get a proper WoF, which is much more than many hori-fied E30s that come up for sale at silly prices.

I dont remember seeing any like this at his asking price. Bound to be more than meets eye. Fixing those seats alone wouldnt be cheap

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

I dont remember seeing any like this at his asking price. Bound to be more than meets eye. Fixing those seats alone wouldnt be cheap

Looking at the full bogan spec of this car, I don’t doubt it is hiding a few secrets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Looking at the full bogan spec of this car, I don’t doubt it is hiding a few secrets.

Yeah each to their own, there are at least two kinds of E30 lovers.  I am a boring “factory” look type.

• Like 3