E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

7 minutes ago, Sammo said:

My guess is $21k

I think about that too.  But these are funny times.  If a 325i and original maybe the “10x” @lord_jagganath?    But you just never know :)

A members car. Its been for sale for awhile, im guessing due to location?. Good buying compared to some given all the work done and tidy condition

Got some nice options on it, 2.5ltr, manual, Tech 1 wheel, leather sports seats. 
But not sure about the body kit (maybe needs a few more badges..?) and those wheels are a big no for me, especially with the Linglong “no good in a..” Crosswinds on them.

Pricing is relatively sane compared to many listings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

maybe needs a few more badges..?

More badges please 🙂

• Haha 2

The sales patter in the listing is very familiar, so I think it’s the same seller.

Showing that it’s met reserve at $7.5k which could be a good buy. Looking at the photos it might not need much to get it through a WoF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gjm said:

Given the frankly optimistic prices of some E30s, this one looks almost reasonably priced.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3518045341

Few things I noticed when I viewed it last week. Anyone with questions feel free to PM

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Southerner said:

Few things I noticed when I viewed it last week. Anyone with questions feel free to PM

Pricing is still optimistic?

12 minutes ago, gjm said:

Pricing is still optimistic?

There's a few things I noticed when I viewed it that others who haven't owned/know about wouldn't pick up that would trip them up and be costly

• Like 1

Hi Sam @Sammo, taking advantage of free/discounted selling on TradeMe today and seeing if I can get a reasonable offer on this and then refocus on pursuing a manual later in the year.  Also going to be selling the GP after April-May too, as three cars and two garage spots makes for a dirty Golf.  Starting the process of disappointment early lol 😂 @adro mentioned he maybe selling his at year end perhaps which could be a good replacement down the line, or something like that, lots of water to go under bridges of course.   

Edited by E28E30
  • Like 4

On 3/9/2022 at 12:40 PM, Sammo said:

My guess is $21k

Went for $18K, seems a little low but does not sound as it was as tidy as it looked in pics.

Some nice bits on it, I want the interior.

• Like 1

I feel like the market for toys is tightening up in response to the handbrake on the housing market and the rest. Well I hope so anyway, I need a boat! 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Cammsport said:

I feel like the market for toys is tightening up in response to the handbrake on the housing market and the rest. Well I hope so anyway, I need a boat! 

Agreed. The number of cars being listed has dropped, and those that have been listed for higher prices don't seem to be moving as quickly.

Lot of speculators wanting silly money for their sedans - 25-40K... Could be very wrong but thought the coupe was the desirable option people were (previously) willing to spend the big bucks on.

Only saw this today:

Someone call m539

• Like 1

How much would a NZ new Mtech 1 be worth in a current market?

242xxxkms

Diamond Schwarz 

15" Basket weaves + 16" BBS reps

No rust.

Leather interior (not original obviously)

370mm mtech steering wheel

Dash is not cracked 

Supersprint muffer with unkown brand headers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contrails said:

How much would a NZ new Mtech 1 be worth in a current market?

By Tech 1 I guess you are referring to an M325i?

Market has gone a bit soft but still very sought after, and deserving of a good premium over most of the others.

So much of the price depends on the condition - has it been maintained well or is everything worn out, paint still good, interior wear, etc.

No rust is a good sign as is an untracked dash.

Even if it is a clapped out WoF fail it would still be $15k+ if it’s a genuine NZ M325i, how far you go up from there is down to the above.

• Like 1