E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

3 hours ago, Contrails said:

How much would a NZ new Mtech 1 be worth in a current market?

242xxxkms

Diamond Schwarz 

15" Basket weaves + 16" BBS reps

No rust.

Leather interior (not original obviously)

370mm mtech steering wheel

Dash is not cracked 

Supersprint muffer with unkown brand headers

Gotta be $45k

Black / Tech 1 / winning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Gotta be $45k

Black / Tech 1 / winning

Thanks mate. 

I think COVID and Ukraine crisis has plateaued a lot of classic car prices. I may be pushing it for $45k. But it’s given me a rough figure if I have to sell it. It will more out of desperation if I do ever sell it. Might even take it to Auz with me. 

13 minutes ago, Contrails said:

Thanks mate. 

I think COVID and Ukraine crisis has plateaued a lot of classic car prices. I may be pushing it for $45k. But it’s given me a rough figure if I have to sell it. It will more out of desperation if I do ever sell it. Might even take it to Auz with me. 

It has a little plus inflation / interest rates, but the only M325i that hasn't shifted in the blink of an eye in the last 12 months or so is the Silver Tech 1 dealer flip that was asking $70k now asking $60k - clearly too high.

Mtech1 is very rare and Black is THE colour for a lot of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Contrails it’s been back a couple of times, no change in asking price which is why it’s still there.

Three black ones coming off and going back on. The Sunday Drive one has been through quite a few owners in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

E30 M3 price trend in the last 5 years.

My brother in law is quite tempted by the yellow one. But it looks like a money pit. Might as well spend the extra on a good one. 

9DAED34A-3A86-42CA-9779-7847CE5D1779.png

@Contrails that yellow one being a bit of a mutt could be a good candidate for an S54 swap or something similarly awesome and sacreligious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammo said:

@Contrails that yellow one being a bit of a mutt could be a good candidate for an S54 swap or something similarly awesome and sacreligious.

Sacreligious!

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, Sammo said:

oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,you mean like THIS kind of S54 powered sacreligious?? (sold just last week Apr3, on BaT so in $USD)

image.thumb.png.1b0b8fcf0f199cbba7d714056030ef92.png

Edited by leonf
adding factuality.
  • Like 3

IIRC that one had an extensive list of mods, not just the S54 conversion in it, which contributed to the high selling price.

Many other S14 powered M3s have sold for well over that price on BaT as well.

Granted an S54 is about the only engine swap I would possibly contemplate, and it is often hard to reconcile the fact you can sell an S14 and buy something with lots more hp for much less money.

The fact is that the yellow one will never really be able to come back to the condition of being an “original” “collectors” car and is more suited to a restomod. Or race car.. 

• Like 1

Coupled with the m50 swap package that's on trademe at the moment, would go well

• Like 2

I’m sure a few of you saw these seats go for $1700 last night - driver seat needs work and the rear seat looked an absolute mess (likely not salvageable otherwise I would probably have bought them).

Sold to a wrecker so guess they feel they can be tidied and shifted for significantly more.

Also, a jap import 320i auto 2 door for $27,000 anyone? It does have a stunning interior though.

9AAA5103-8F64-4539-9C2A-D38BE1AF9A5B.png

• Like 1

The houndstooth interior I can understand - sports seats, rears, plus all door cars matching is a good find. A decent clean and they probs would have gone for more.

The 320i auto, seems a bit optimistic!

• Like 1

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/3538275807?bof=lkYJ4f9I 

Not sure if this one has been posted here yet, wonder what it will go for. 

Bidding currently at 2.5K. Lots and lots of rust and suspect blown head-gasket, so quite a large project.  

1965105513_ScreenShot2022-04-10at11_36_53PM.png.d6aeec6826e32c02b6279f97a60bedd7.png717562447_ScreenShot2022-04-10at11_37_00PM.png.9b95d6a2d3685dd6220b734b5fe01842.png685105136_ScreenShot2022-04-10at11_37_06PM.png.957c90a5751556e627e223ed84dc9c72.png360035410_ScreenShot2022-04-10at11_37_12PM.png.1da416745c0beae39a2ca795dc6fc621.png934430254_ScreenShot2022-04-10at11_37_17PM.png.a4ecd4a0ed05cca9e06a61adbe1dd971.png

Edited by Kees
Added some photos from listing

Some nice parts, but I’d have to say that’s rooted. Cars really don’t like being parked on grass, I think it’s the dew or moisture that makes them rot out.

Shame to see a fellow vert like that, but could be more difficult to restore with the convertible only parts that might be required - sills, guards, etc.

• Like 1

How about the shark nose in the background of the first pic? 😁

Looks like it may be suffering from the same fate ☹️

Absolutely stunning Polaris 1990 M325i just went up on FB if anyone is looking.

$59k but looks worth it TBH - immaculate with plenty of money spent in the right areas.

No sunroof.

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 1

High K's might put people off that M325...

2 hours ago, MD13 said:

High K's might put people off that M325...

Engine rebuild in 2019 though.

But yeah, kind of caps the ceiling a little for folks who want a garage ornament. 

Disclaimer - I am biased as I have a daily driven M325i pushing 400,000km 🤣

• Like 2

5 hours ago, treone said:

How about the shark nose in the background of the first pic? 😁

Looks like it may be suffering from the same fate ☹️

The guy seems to have a fair collection of cars in various states of disrepair (#goals),  he’s also selling an old Merc, newish Merc and a Porsche 928.

Couple have asked about the shark nose but he’s keeping that one.

• Like 1

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3555911173

Reads - lack of info and wording used - like someone who has picked up a E30 cheaply and is flipping it. Of course, I could have massively misinterpreted that!

Decent car, in what looks like decent condition. $25k decent...? No idea. There have been several $25-30k cars listed recently but most appear to be being relisted.

• Like 1