Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

BMW Concept 4

it looks like they just used the slider bar on the tint colour option to the far side in order to pick the new colour for it. looks super unnatural in these photoshoots.

I'm truly surprised that they could make such a gorgeous design, then ruin it with the huge, jarring , slapped on looking grill which completely wrecks the lines - especially once a number plate is added.

Black with black grill would be only acceptable combo.

Maybe it will age well.

18 hours ago, qube said:

it looks like they just used the slider bar on the tint colour option to the far side in order to pick the new colour for it. looks super unnatural in these photoshoots.

Looks like a render, rather than a photo?

That is just desperate looking.

At least these new era BMWs just make the old classics look better and better as they age, E30 / 34 / 36 / 38 / 39 / 46 / 92 etc  ❤️ 

I’ve taken a liking to it also, M3s and 4s are always designed to stand out and in today’s design language you sure as sh*t can’t call it another vanilla refrigerator. The full design combined together it brings purpose in my mind, like my i3, dare to be different . Go back 18 years and a similar conversation around the E60 was being had. Now it’s accepted and celebrated 

Yep, absolutely hated the E60 design, grew to like it more and am going to pick up an E61 in the weekend. 

Said the same thing about the F30 3 series front and now it looks cool too.

F56 mini cooper S front bumper looked SUPER weird when it first came out and said the R56 was so much nicer looking but then the F56 grew on me also.

Im going to say it, I like this new M3/M4 front already ?

• Like 2

on paper it looks ok here it you kinda squint a little , if its like the new cars though to see it in person, not so much, too much shiny chrome especially on the bonnet face, i suspect those dots will look too obvious 3d(ish) in real life

fingers crossed there'll be an aftermarket front-end on the Wish site

as it stands i would need two brown paper bags to own one of these mutant bile-receptacles

• Like 2

In the flesh, and with an NZ plate mounted. M-Sport front bumper and grille..

E8DE7808-CAD1-483A-9654-632543D88838.jpegA9F30A0A-412A-4111-819B-B1780273D9BB.jpeg

Love the rear-three quarter haunches on this car, much broader than traditional BMW coupes, very prominent in the mirrors.

57ECD1C3-FD24-49D1-8F37-AF60DC051B4D.jpeg

To me it is quite Mustang-esque in those shoulders, but not in a bad way.

• Like 1

I saw one of these in the metal at Coombes overthe weekend, striking car in person and the grille is ok looking fomr a standing height, rather than lying down in front of the car like an Automtive photographer 

Why do NZ Euro dealers refuse to spend a few hundred on a correct fitting number plate?

image.png.52b2051cb941780168a4b745cb5a9305.png

Edited by m325i
  • Like 1

That plate looks crap.  The grill frames it and makes it stand out way more than any other car on the road.

BMW's ugly Mustang.

The very least BMW NZ could have done was fit a Euro plate. That NZ standard plate looks like somebody tried to finish a job and gave up half way through.

In fact, BMW should fit Euro plates as standard to every new car they sell, cheaping out, whilst common, is hardly befitting. 

• Thanks 1

There’s the funny thing you see, before you can order the Euro size plate, you have to register the car to be assigned the rego number. Once you have that, you can then order a Euro sized or slimline version of the same plate. Then you wait for said plate to be made and sent to you, about ten day turn around currently I believe.

In the meantime you can either sit and wait for it to arrive, or drive it with the standard plate on it.