Sign in to follow this  
Cab

Recaro SR-7 Seat Frames - E46 M3

Hey guys

Before I drop around $700 on recaro rails/sliders for both sides, has anyone got another solution or suggestions to install Recaro SR-7 reclineables in an E46 M3?

I've tried the NZKW / Scarles mount frames and even though they are universal they don't fit with these Recaros.

Is anyone here good with fabricating a pair? 

Cheers

Talk to Kayne Barrie.

He makes them and they are very good.

• Like 1

I've also found these - not badly priced but will take around 2 months to arrive.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/nz/recaro-vehicle-specific-seat-subframe-rec373864/

9 minutes ago, zero said:

Talk to Kayne Barrie.

He makes them and they are very good.

Cheers Nathan, might have to!

If you can get 2 x Recaro (edit: brand) rails and sliders for NZ$700 you should have already hit buy now.

Nothing anyone can make for that price will come remotely close to fit, functionality and adjustability.

Edited by M3AN

1 minute ago, M3AN said:

If you can get 2 x Recaro (edit: brand) rails and sliders for NZ$700 you should have already hit buy now.

Nothing anyone can make for that price will come remotely close to fit, functionality and adjustability.

E46 M3 rails and slider combo are $360 NZD per side ex Japan. Plus shipping and taxes came to around $1,000. Also they make them to order so a two month wait ?

4 minutes ago, Cab said:

E46 M3 rails and slider combo are $360 NZD per side ex Japan. Plus shipping and taxes came to around $1,000. Also they make them to order so a two month wait ?

$360 a side is a steal but @ $500 I'd pause... but perhaps not too long for the quality of seats you have. You want awesome mounts for awesome seats in an awesome car.

The best alternative is VAC motosport mounts bases and either Recaro brand sliders or side-mounts.

Edited by M3AN

33 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Why don't the NZKW bases fit?

The holes in the frame are about 2cm too low on their universals. Even when I asked them if they were compatible they said some people who also have Recaros up returning them for the same reason.. so I wasn’t too surprised! 

3 minutes ago, Cab said:

The holes in the frame are about 2cm too low on their universals. Even when I asked them if they were compatible they said some people who also have Recaros up returning them for the same reason.. so I wasn’t too surprised! 

Your seats are bottom mount right? What is "too low" on a bottom mount seat frame?

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Your seats are bottom mount right? What is "too low" on a bottom mount seat frame?

I mean length-wise. From a birds eye view the bottom two holes in the base are about 2cm lower than where they need to be. I’ve got a plan B with some slide rails that I’ll attempt tomorrow and see how it goes 

2 minutes ago, Cab said:

I mean length-wise. From a birds eye view the bottom two holes in the base are about 2cm lower than where they need to be. 

Gotcha. Can you not drill new holes 20mm up?

11 hours ago, M3AN said:

Gotcha. Can you not drill new holes 20mm up?

Haha na if anything I need to weld another plate on. I’m horrible at explaining things lol. The red dots on the image below are where the recaro seat holes are. I have a feeling I was supplied the wrong part so gonna re check. 

Edit: I wasn’t supplied NZKW frames, just using as an example image.

94D067F4-5413-464D-BC4E-E9F80D2D8B4F.jpeg

Edited by Cab

Hey Rowan,

your photos doesn't look like the E36/E46 NZKW base, I purchased  for my Recaro's

Under Seat (Medium).jpg

Are you not adding Sliders as well ?

Edited by sweetm3

All sorted guys - returned the originals and went to NZKW, fit straight away..

• Haha 1