Sign in to follow this  
HypedKidz

BMW E9

Nice cars, but the "Holy Grail" would be the CSL version rather than the CS.

This particular cat, not being a fully original version, would be very cool if it was lowered on some big, coloured weave style rims imho.

Not sure about the pricing, I haven't followed E9s particularly.

That’s probably a little too extreme for my taste, but check out the Random BMW Pics thread, there are some very nice ones in there.

If it was still original colour, i'd say about $70k right for the price however think it is probably worth closer to $50k 

Nonetheless, would still kill to have this in my driveway

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

If it was still original colour, i'd say about $70k right for the price however think it is probably worth closer to $50k 

Nonetheless, would still kill to have this in my driveway

Spot on. And I have seen it in person, it needs a bit of work in regards to tidying up the body. It also has some rust issues. I walked away for that very reason. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Contrails said:

Spot on. And I have seen it in person, it needs a bit of work in regards to tidying up the body. It also has some rust issues. I walked away for that very reason. 

I could see in the photos the rust reappearing after the restoration from a number of years back. I’m very glad someone else has come to the same conclusion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GetCam said:

I could see in the photos the rust reappearing after the restoration from a number of years back. I’m very glad someone else has come to the same conclusion. 

It was the first time I saw an E9 in the flesh and quite frankly I was disappointed. From all the online pics, I always thought that it would be wide and gorgeous but something didn’t look right with the proportions. I genuinely couldn’t put my finger on it.  

My E28 was parked right behind it and looking at both side by side I actually thought that I would regret selling the E28 to make space for the E9.  Then there was the issue of rust... didn’t bother even test driving. 

11 hours ago, Contrails said:

My E28 was parked right behind it and looking at both side by side I actually thought that I would regret selling the E28 to make space for the E9.

Right on brother! 

• Like 1