M3AN

My Fun 130i (E87 LCI Motorsport Auto)

saw a set of style 208's in mint condition in Waiuku for $350 if youre interested

listed on facebook marketplace :)

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:42 AM, qube said:

saw a set of style 208's in mint condition in Waiuku for $350 if youre interested

listed on facebook marketplace :)

My mate has place in Waiuku, I'm down there regularly enough.

I don't have FB, can you share contact details with me? $350 is a no-brainer.

Edited by M3AN

Sent him a msg for his number. Will txt it to u if i get it. 

(seems like a wheel dealer. Has many many many listings for all kinds of mags)

9D6DC182-9460-4DCA-BC51-BCC0E81EF4A2.png

• Thanks 1

I saw Zebra had an e87 last week so I popped down this morning hoping to pick up a luggage compartment cover but alas the car was a mess, well picked over and beige with no cover so multiple fails.

Since I'd paid my $2 I thought I'd grab some stuff for future projects. I want to Alcantara wrap some of the interior trim bits to see what it will look like and I didn't want to use mine. Grabbed this lot for $20 all in which pleasantly surprised me, I thought the trim pieces were going to be $10 each. Missing a right hand door handle trim but I don't think I'll be doing those anyway. Interestingly, although they've got matching numbers the upper dash trim is much lighter, possibly sun fade I suppose.

Zebra_Bits.jpg

• Like 1

First project, more storage because a car is like a kitchen, you can't have too much storage.

Out with the practically useless phone cradle tray (what's the point of "Phone Prep" without Bluetooth?). ?

Useless_Tray.jpg

Much more usable space...

Both_Trays.jpg

Add some of this...

Anti-Slip_Mat.jpg

And you get this much more practical tray...

Finished_Tray.jpg

Edited by M3AN

5 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Where did ya get the anti skid mat from? That will come in very handy!

~$10 from Mitre 10. ?

And yes, it's handy for all sorts of stuff. You can also get it from any marine shop, it's mainstay of boats.

• Like 1

Well, I suppose my 17" v 18" dilemma has been solved... silly not to pick them up for $350 IMHO. And transported from Waiuku to Ellerslie free by my mate who lives out there. Edit: they're LCI versions too so 8.5" rears. 

Style_208.jpg

Thanks Kyu! In fact I'm feeling like a mini-q at the moment, I have far too many wheels and tyres!

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Spot any LCI leather door cards at zebra? I regularly search tardme, but all the LCIs seem to be poverty pack options...

6 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Spot any LCI leather door cards at zebra? I regularly search tardme, but all the LCIs seem to be poverty pack options...

No I've not. This one was a Pre-LCI 120d with horrible beige plastics anyway.

But I am mindful that you're looking for some so will ping you if I ever see any. Surely someone will crash one soon enough! 

On 2/17/2020 at 7:05 PM, M3AN said:

Interesting, I just got a 100% refund from PayPal for my Avin Android unit... 

...and I wonder if that's related to a factory/office shutdown in China (AVIN "USA" is only a legal front for a Chinese company). If so then I almost feel bad for them.

They still have a US$350 "security" lodged against my credit card that they required (against my protestations) for the replacement unit and there's another NZ$100 on top that I had to pay for return shipping (they offered me US$50 to compensate for that, I accepted). It will be interesting to see if they follow up with that "security" because that's also through PayPal.

So, I think worst case scenario for me is US$414 and best case is NZ$100... I'm happy with either.

Closing the loop on this... US$367 all in. PayPal fully refunded me and cancelled the security deposit. AVIN sent me a new discounted invoice which I was happy to pay (honest boy). So, for all my hassle I ended up with about a NZ$250 discount, nothing to sneeze at.

To be honest, I can't complain about AVIN's after sales service despite them sending me the wrong unit (the unit was incorrectly packed, the main box was labelled as I had ordered, the contents were incorrect).

• Like 1

@M3AN or anyone else with an auto 130i, have you considered trying an xhp trans flash? Worked well on my e91 and apparently works on the 130i too. 

1 hour ago, KwS said:

@M3AN or anyone else with an auto 130i, have you considered trying an xhp trans flash? Worked well on my e91 and apparently works on the 130i too. 

I was considering this. What stage are you running? Keen to hear your review/impressions.

Knowing @M3ANs good fortune he probably already has the tune. Haha

Edited by ///M
  • Like 1

In the e91 I found stage 3 to be a bit too harsh and slammed into gears, but stage 2 was perfect. 

I've seen a post from M3AN on another forum indicating he doesn't have a gear indicator on the dash in D mode, which I think is one of the things a trans flash does? 

Yep, no gear number in D, which I would like.

I've not checked the trans flash ID so I'm not sure although it does seem more aggressive than I recall the other ones I drove being. I'll plug it in on the weekend to see what I can find otherwise I'd probably have to drive a known-to-be-stock one back-to-back with mine.

You can gear gear indicator in dash with kombi coding on carly etc

57 minutes ago, Jacko said:

You can gear gear indicator in dash with kombi coding on carly etc

i need to take another look, I have Carly but didn't see a relevant option. It works in Sport (M) at the moment, just no D.

Frivolous, but when Auckland City BMW are selling something for an almost normal price, without the BMW NZ 400% markup, you almost have to do it. I wonder if they parallel imported them?

They're a bit Rolls Royce, I quite like them.

Floating_Caps.jpg

5900 posts! ? 99% BS, 1% plain wrong. ?

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Received my aluminium M3 arms from Schmiedmann today. The big ones are used, off an M3 with 40k km's and were 50 US bucks each, the other ones are new OEM ones with the ///M and BMW symbols ground off ?. They were about 100 NZ bucks each. Also a new fuel filler pot to replace my floppy one with Blu-Tack ?

Edit: yes I also got the little adaptor rod for the auto-levelling Xenon headlights.

Also got some adhesive faux Alcantara that I'm going to try on the spare trim I got a while back.

M3_Arms.jpg

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Surely it's time to move this to the projects section now ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Surely it's time to move this to the projects section now ?

Possibly, not my call but I'll not object if that's the case (unless it breaks the links to the thread).

Did ya search amazon for the TRW pn for the M3 bits? From memory I got the LCA and tension arms all new for like $230nz, was nearly theft.

Makes a big difference, front end gets waaaay more pointy, actually took a bit of getting use to on the motorway as I found myself giving heaps of corrections.

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

Did ya search amazon for the TRW pn for the M3 bits? From memory I got the LCA and tension arms all new for like $230nz, was nearly theft.

Makes a big difference, front end gets waaaay more pointy, actually took a bit of getting use to on the motorway as I found myself giving heaps of corrections.

Yeah, I picked apart pretty-much every online store for the best shipped deal, Amazon was about 5 bucks per arm cheaper than everywhere else but the second hand OE units from Schmiedmann tipped it significantly in their favour. You got a killer deal, even with second hand units it was about 300 NZ bucks for me (plus shipping), was going to be closer to 420 NZ if I went all new (TRW). I went full anal and even had a spreadsheet to work out the best deal before I hit go. ?

My fake Alcantara trim doesn't look too bad, and matches the BMWP shift gator and steering wheel insert...

Flash...

Alcantara_Trim_Flash.jpg

No flash...

Alcantara_Trim_No_Flash.jpg

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 4