M3AN

My Fun 130i (E87 LCI Motorsport Auto)

Isnt that an electrical loom? 

13 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Isnt that an electrical loom? 

No... possibly something to do with the crankcase venting??? 

Edit: solved and boy they make some purdy stuff... Google translate works okay.

https://www.gulfstream.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=127

Doesn't seem to have done much for my fuel consumption though! ?

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

No... possibly something to do with the crankcase venting??? 

Edit: solved and boy they make some purdy stuff... Google translate works okay.

https://www.gulfstream.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=127

Doesn't seem to have done much for my fuel consumption though! ?

Bizarre, its a second PCV valve? 

52 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Bizarre, its a second PCV valve? 

No, it replaces the OEM one and if you trust Google's Japanese, it's 'better'. lol ?

I had to transfer an O2 sensor to the blue one in order to get that running without faults for sale and the replacement Bosch unit arrived from FCP today. Test install (no cable management), cleared codes and nothing came back, yay! I'll route the cable and install all the crap in the engine bay over the next day or so and she'll be back on the road.

And when I do get to drive her I'll have automatic DSC off (w/DCT on) from startup courtesy of @wrs who's done me a solid and created a timer board that effectively does the job of pressing the DCT button for me when I start the car! DSC is completely unnecessary in a car like this (< 300hp for a start), especially with an LSD and good tyres. DCT on the other hand allows me to play with the rear end without getting totally out of control. I can still press the DCT button to re-enable DSC or press and hold to turn it 'all' off.

Essentially my start-up mode is now DCT (less nanny) rather than DSC (too much nanny) which is perfect. Thanks @wrs, you're a legend. BMW should allow you to set this to the default you want, "ultimate driving machine" lol. 

• Like 2

I also removed and cleaned the vanos solenoids and filters, after doing it first on blue one and understanding how simple it was. These ones had more buildup so I might do an early oil change but nothing to be concerned about, main gaskets all look okay.

I need to sort out my 208's and tyres.

pa**s@continentalcarsbmw.co.nz

ftw ?

Edited by M3AN

Nice! I just bought one as well. Seems we are doing similar things... ?

How much did you get it for? Trademe doesn't seem to display winning price anymore. I got mine from here https://v1vehicleparts.co.nz/products/genuine-bmw-spoiler-boot-trunk-lid-51710306667?_pos=1&_sid=9c7ad4e49&_ss=r was 5% off at the time so $305 which I thought was pretty good! Now just to get it painted...

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Nice! I just bought one as well. Seems we are doing similar things... ?

How much did you get it for? Trademe doesn't seem to display winning price anymore. I got mine from here https://v1vehicleparts.co.nz/products/genuine-bmw-spoiler-boot-trunk-lid-51710306667?_pos=1&_sid=9c7ad4e49&_ss=r was 5% off at the time so $305 which I thought was pretty good! Now just to get it painted...

I didn't know that Vehicle Parts site existed, must check it out.

Auction was buy now for $150. They've followed up, it's legit.

It will probably sit at home unpainted for quite some time I'd imagine.

They do look good on a black car...

One side:

Blackline_Half.jpg

Both sides:

Blackline_Full.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, qube said:

time for rainx + wiper delete :)

I do have the Rain-X, was like 50% off at SuperCheap a few weeks back, haven't added it yet. I just replaced my rear wiper motor, maybe when this one breaks I can consider the delete again! ?

On 6/5/2020 at 10:39 PM, Gaz said:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2017/RCRIT-17V683-5875.pdf

Yeah that's it. They have been sending out letters for the last year or so, but alot of imports get brought in without going anywhere near a dealer in Japan or NZ. Always good to check with your local dealer if there are any recalls when buying a car

I have an aftermarket PCV (of all things), do you think that would affect this recall? 

Orange_Wolf_Unknown.jpg

Maybe, the thermo angle connector is attached to the intake manifold and connects to the PCV hose

• Thanks 1

Heavy!

4 x rotors and stainless braided lines... obviously more bits yet to arrive...

New_Brake_Bits.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Is that a stock brake disc upgrade? Got a link? 

No, that's a 340mm rotor, stock is 330mm.

Here's the equivalent for stock but "perforated" (holes I assume) rather than "slotted" which are the ones in my picture (which are actually slotted and dimpled as you can see). The small diagram on each of these pages is accurate

Stock size: https://spareto.com/products/zimmermann-brake-disc/150-3428-52

Mine: https://spareto.com/products/zimmermann-brake-disc/150-2906-20

• Thanks 1

Street cred +9000 

5 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Street cred +9000 

And that's about it! My principle reason for doing this is that I've always wanted a BBK, they look cool, I don't particularly care if they don't perform any better than stock on the street.

?

Picked up my OE Aero spoiler today from my folks place, they had collected it for me from Continental BMW. It's quite a bit lighter than I expected and can see why it's common for them to come up at the left and right edges, it doesn't sit flush so there's constant tension on the double sided tape when it's installed. I wonder if it can be clamped down in situ and heated up to deform into a more compliant shape?

I suspect it will take me a long time to get this painted and installed. But hey, at $150 I couldn't say no.

Aero_Spoiler_01.jpg

Aero_Spoiler_02.jpg

• Like 2

Glad I've almost finished working on the M3 so I can move it out of the carport because these arrived this morning... ??

Calipers.jpg

• Like 3