Jacko

The 130i Thread

I've driven both GTIs and R32, and owned an Audi A3 3.2 DSG. Would still take a manual 130i over them but the DSG is super nice. 

Dont you start... that guy spams his videos everywhere.

• Sad 1

I actually really want this:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/alfa-romeo/listing/2615447681?bof=UyalmtjY

I'd even consider paying the 10 grand, but I just don't need another car now that COVID has legitimized 4 days a week at home.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:06 PM, GorGasm said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/alfa-romeo/listing/2615447681?bof=UyalmtjY

I'd even consider paying the 10 grand, but I just don't need another car now that COVID has legitimized 4 days a week at home.

Full chub

Ain't that the truth!

Cool car, but ultimately really flawed.  Nice in the blue, too.  Tasty details, appears to have been sympathetically built.

They do sound and look nice but not sure there are too many other upsides. 

I really liked mine. It was comfy, handled well and the engine was lovely. Shame the electrics were flaky and the floors were rusting quicker than anyone could fix them. 

A gta would be worth owning, but I wouldn't bother with the normal models. 

My first car. 2.5 V6 with the 6 spd. 

Absolutely adored it. Had great handling, looked fantastic, and was super comfortable. Biggest downside was the quality of the interior plastics and FWD. 

Still miss the sound...

3F55665B-3AEB-463E-8025-4FBDD27F84E4.thumb.jpeg.a641de0a87c5b8c7e922dd7038884386.jpeg2683C8BB-0D38-46FB-8C5F-476E7A65FE70.thumb.jpeg.df96fe83b0465b9176fd3c35f47955d9.jpeg

• Like 2

4 pot... who puts a titanium bazooka on a 116? Im on the lookout for a new rear box... but.. bit too JDMAF for me :D

27 minutes ago, Jacko said:

4 pot... who puts a titanium bazooka on a 116? Im on the lookout for a new rear box... but.. bit too JDMAF for me :D

the same kind of guys who used to hoon about in EG/EK Civics. 

1 hour ago, lord_jagganath said:

the same kind of guys who used to hoon about in EG/EK Civics. 

? Hey we're not all guilty haha

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, M3AN said:

Thats the best E87 spoiler around I rekon, along with the factory aero option. Just the price is silly.. There are heaps of chinese carbon ones available on Aliexpress etc, mostly ripoff of the ACS version. 

Just now, Jacko said:

Thats the best E87 spoiler around I rekon, along with the factory aero option. Just the price is silly.. There are heaps of chinese carbon ones available on Aliexpress etc, mostly ripoff of the ACS version. 

I struggle with all of the to be honest, especially the factory aero spoiler. The problem is they all look like an afterthought (probably because they were) and it's too obvious that they're just stuck on. They (BMW) should have done a better job with integrating the edges of their aero spoiler. The ACS style really only looks good from a few angles, and also looks like an afterthought.

I'm wondering is this one, designed for the aero spoiler, might not fit on the standard tailgate. Yes it will still look stuck on (as it is) but it's much lower profile so might not look as obvious. Not sure I'm up for $200+shipping to be a guinea pig... ? 

That replaces the aero spoiler, the tail gates are the same on all E87s. Aerospoiler is just double sided taped to the existing top of the hatch 

4 hours ago, Jacko said:

That replaces the aero spoiler, the tail gates are the same on all E87s. Aerospoiler is just double sided taped to the existing top of the hatch 

Sorry, I was referring to another one and failed to include the link... ?‍♂️

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/spoiler-cap-bmw-1-e81-e87

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Sorry, I was referring to another one and failed to include the link... ?‍♂️

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/spoiler-cap-bmw-1-e81-e87

I might grab one in the future, Ill add it to my list of not atrocious e87 spoilers.

I wonder if any of these stop the insane amount crap that gets sucked onto the hatch :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jacko said:

I might grab one in the future, Ill add it to my list of not atrocious e87 spoilers.

I wonder if any of these stop the insane amount crap that gets sucked onto the hatch :D 

If you're going to get one down the line tap me on the shoulder, might piggyback.

I doubt any of them do anything other than look okay or bad. I also suspect that rather than downforce they just add drag. ? 

1 minute ago, M3AN said:

If you're going to get one down the line tap me on the shoulder, might piggyback.

I doubt any of them do anything other than look okay or bad. I also suspect that rather than downforce they just add drag. ? 

Yeah, agreed, but its all about the street cred... and no spoiler on the back just makes the end of an E87 look like the ass of a dog with a docked tail. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, M3AN said:

?

D_2135de9cc656b913d7e9347a24929449.jpg

Perfect for pushing around New World doing the shop.

• Like 1

I'll grab one of those maxtondesign ones too if you guys do. Looks good. Wonder how it will look on a white car.